The purpose of this internship is to aid the Renewable Energy Group® (REG), Inc. government affairs team in increasing awareness of Renewable Energy Group and its products and services with policy makers, influencers and industry members while offering an educational and empowering internship experience resulting in multiple portfolio pieces.
· Government Affairs
o Research, monitor and report state biodiesel-related legislative policies in order to update our customer-focused database
o Help plan and implement educational summer facility tours for the companys local state representatives in Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois and Texas
o Working with multiple departments, create a sustainable method for centralizing all vendor contact information and then integrating that contact information into the companys advocacy database
o Assist in creating educational materials for policymakers and influencers
· Corporate Communications
o Aid in internal rebranding program including print and electronic projects
o Research and write articles for staff newsletter to advance corporate culture and information processes
· Media Relations
o Monitor industry and policy trends and news to better position REG for media pick-up within the biodiesel industry and fuel industry
· Good understanding and demonstration of AP style for editing and writing
· Communicate both orally and in writing
· Organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Use of computer (Desktop publishing) and office equipment. Specifically, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Ability to work both in a team and individually.
· Other duties as required
BASIC MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires continuous sitting for long periods of time, high levels of concentration, extensive telephone communications, manual dexterity to input and access information through a computer terminal, frequent math and algebraic calculations, moderate analytical ability, and visual ability to read computer terminals and detailed reports for extended periods of time. Some mobility required too move throughout the office and production areas. Ability to lift and carry at least 75Lbs. Some overnight travel required.
· General office working conditions with extended periods sitting while operating computer terminals. Significant amount of time spent viewing computer terminal or reading detailed reports.
· Extended or flexible work hours and travel as needed or required by industry or corporate situations
· Education Required : Junior, senior or graduate standing. Experience in policy or government affairs and public relations desired.
· Must have experience with Excel.
· Experience in petroleum, energy, or agriculture a plus but not required.
Skills Required : Ability to use office equipment (computer, calculator, copy machine, and fax machine). Basic math and language skills along with organizational skills needed for completing the essential functions of this job. Must have/maintain current drivers license and meet REG insurance guidelines to operate corporate vehicles.
Renewable Energy Group, Inc. - 18 months ago
Renewable Energy Group, Inc. is an operator, marketer and distributor of biodiesel. During the year ended December 31, 2006, the Company...