Headquartered in Philadelphia, Radian connects lenders, homebuyers, investors and loan servicers using a suite of private mortgage insurance and related risk management products and services. We help promote and preserve the tradition of homeownership while protecting lenders from default-related losses on residential first mortgages.
We also facilitate the sale of low-down payment mortgages in the secondary market. Our commitment to homeownership is built on a foundation of evaluating credit risk; we help clients and investors expertly and prudently manage risk in any market condition.
The HR Intern will be responsible for providing overall support to several HR functions including Talent Development, Employee Communications, Employee Wellness, and more. The incumbent will assist with existing programming, day to day functions of various HR subgroups, and become a project team member for new projects.
1. Partner with Talent Development lead for day to day training & development activities to include:
2. Partner with Employee Communications lead to maintain and grow the Radian internal website (@Radian) daily. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with coordination of scheduling, registration, and training day preparation
- Assisting with designing, developing, and formatting training materials
- Providing support to on-site facilitators for training classes
- Supporting the creation of new development support materials
3. Partner with Recruitment, HR Operations, and Business Partner teams on various projects.
- Researching, writing stories and creating documentation for posting
- Formatting and realigning content
- Auditing and reviewing content
- Archiving stories and photos
- Taking photos of individuals, groups, and/or events
- Interviewing or surveying employees
4. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Education: Currently enrolled in a college degree program (Human Resources, Communications, Organizational Behavior, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or related discipline) – completion of at least two years towards degree preferred.
- Prior work experience in a corporate environment preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience in writing communications (for various audiences). Previous experience working with graphics is preferred
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Must be technologically oriented; experience with Microsoft Office suite of applications required ( 2007 or better) – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to be resourceful and inquisitive
- Excellent organizational skills: able to multi-task, maintain strict timelines/service level agreements, and proven customer service skills
- Able to listen actively and follow instructions verbally or via email
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated professionalism (for interacting with business leaders and HR team members at various levels), able to maintain confidentiality
- Willing to build a positive professional reputation and to work diligently to gain valuable experience and future professional contacts
- Willing to take direction from experienced HR staff in return for gaining knowledge and experience in various Human Resources functions
- Interest in working in Human Resources field, with a focus on Talent Development, Learning & Development, Organizational Development, or related areas.
Radian Group Inc. - 17 months ago