Internship positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in specific areas of study. Working in a fast-paced, professional setting provides interns with invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment while working along side and in support of a group of world-class professionals in your chosen field of study.
- Support Interior Designers and Architects with all aspects of the project work from conceptual to design development and construction documentation.
- Solve technical interior design problems.
- Develop interior construction detail necessary to execute design intent.
- Collects and prepares data for evaluation.
- Assembles material and finish sample boards, SID and CID binders.
- Uses BIM, CAD, Sketchup, CAP, photoshop, windows based software solutions.
- Organizes and updates the Design Resource Library.
Training and Experience
Training and Experience:
- Must be a currently enrolled college student working toward obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Architecture from an NAAB accredited program or an interior designer working toward obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Interior Design from a FIDER or CIDA accredited program.
- Must have an interest in a career in interior design.
- Must have general interior construction knowledge to develop design detail and construction documentation.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills.
- General knowledge of current furniture, material and building finish products.
- Knowledge in LEED requirements.
- Working knowledge of word and excel.
- Working knowledge Revit, AutoCAD and Triforma V8i.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Other Essential Functions
Affirmative Action/Employment Opportunity
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
Last Updated By
No results found.
Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $13 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and...