This position offers full-time employment (40 hours weekly). As part of this internship, you will gain valuable exposure to all aspects of the Personal Lines Underwriting Department.• Provide excellent customer service to agents, policyholders, and internal associates via the telephone.
- Review new business applications to determine if additional information is necessary, and conduct preliminary analysis to determine if an account needs to be referred to Underwriting.
- Order and review applicable underwriting reports.
- Analyze and review policy activity and information.
- Provide answers to general Personal Lines Underwriting, customer service, and billing questions.
- Process change requests, inspections reports, client surveys, and pre-renewal underwriting on a daily basis.
- Analyze and make suggestions to improve workflow efficiencies.
- Handle complicated, detailed, and problematic situations with the Personal Lines Operations Teams.
- Job shadow all Personal Lines Underwriting and Operations positions.
- Participate in department LEAN projects.
- Basic and advanced knowledge of Personal Lines Insurance, including understanding policy language and endorsements.
- Excellent skills with technology tools and ability to multi-task are essential (phones, PCs, headsets, Internet, etc).
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written-communication skills.
- Ability to manage, organize, and prioritize.
- Ability to work, lead, and excel in a fast-paced team environment.
- Have a top-notch attitude.
Secura - 12 months ago
Since 1971, Secura Key has been providing products for electronic access control and Radio-Frequency Identification, with an emphasis on qua...