Scope of Position:|
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- This role involves supporting the physical and numerical modeling of the glass forming process. The individual will be responsible for designing and executing experiments to reduce variability in a process, improve a process, or otherwise solve a problem.
- Data collection and analysis, collaboration with scientists, engineers, and technicians
- 2 years of undergraduate education in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with the intent to complete a Bachelor’s degree
- Strong understanding of Fluid mechanics and thermodynamics
- Basic use of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) for communication and data analysis
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
- Understanding of statistically designed experiments (DOE)
- Strong understanding of viscous flow
- Experience using Matlab
Travel Requirements: Potential for travel out of state, no more than 15%
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and experience: process engineers, project managers, technicians, R&D scientists, etc.
- Strong work ethic and desire to exceed expectations
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40 hrs/week, 8-5pm, M-F
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
A world leader in industrial research and development, Corning staunchly believes in change. We thrive on seeking new opportunities to make a difference for mankind and bringing them to life.
Our dedicated scientists conduct their research with the highest integrity, finely tuned processes and superb skill. Breakthroughs occur when our researchers leverage existing technologies across product lines or come as the result of a profound moment of inspiration or even as an unexpected, experimental outcome. That is when research is at its most exciting.
We do everything possible to sustain our culture of innovation. We continually invest in research and development to provide our scientists with the resources they need. This has enabled our scientific community to develop a unique ability to solve complex problems and maintain a keen focus on things that really matter -- technologies that improve our lives and change our world.
R&D is the foundation on which Corning’s history has been built, and we have no doubt it will lead us to future technological triumphs.
To know more about Corning's Science and Technology division, please visit the R&D website at:
Corning Incorporated is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science and process...