- Applies science or engineering based competencies to contribute toward the research and development of new products or technologies for medical applications.
- Conducts research directed toward the discovery and/or development of novel products or processes.
- Documents methodologies, interprets data, reviews relevant literature, and creates reports with significant attention directed toward the quality of experimental evidence.
- Assist senior staff with routine scientific assignments or tasks that are an integral portion of larger projects in alignment with scientific methods and RTI standard operating procedures.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (list required and preferred separately)
- Required: Active student in 3rd or 4 th year of undergraduate studies or graduate students in Masters Degree or PhD programs in good academic standing in Biological science, Chemistry or Biomedical engineering field.
- This position requires individuals with strong analytical and problem solving skills whom are highly motivated to work on hands-on projects in a team environment.
- Experience with basic laboratory techniques is required.
- Experience in sterile technique is preferred.
- Experience in orthopedic research is a plus.
- Experience working with tissue and/or cells is a plus.
This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, gloves, masks and safety glasses.
- Ability to conduct experiments as directed and to contribute to the design of experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- Must be able to clearly and concisely communicate experimental results in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to resolve technical issues within the scope of educational expertise with assistance and monitoring from more experienced staff.
- Ability to solve problems and make suggestions or improvements based on recently acquired technical skills.
- Ability to create and maintain internal data and documentation according to company policies in scientific paper format (IMRAD) or per RTI SOPs for assigned projects.
List activity requirements and percentage of time : KEY: Not at all (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%), Constant (67-100%)
Climbing: Not at all (0%) Bending: Occasional (1-33%) Kneeling/Crawling with force: Not at all (0%)
Pulling: Occasional (1-33%) Reaching Above Head: Occasional (1-33%) Twisting at waist: Occasional (1-33%)
Lift above shoulders: Occasional (1-33%) Lift from floor level: Occasional (1-33%)
Light work: Physically handle objects up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
Stand for 6 hours/day Sit for 8 hours/day Perform repetitive tasks/motions Have good manual dexterity
Have good eye/hand/foot coordination Hear alarms/telephone/normal voice Have Clarity of Vision
Near Acuity ( Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less) Far Acuity ( Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more) Distinguish colors
WORKING CONDITIONS: Biomedical manufacturing environment. Potential hazards include exposure to:
Hazardous chemicals: Constant (67-100%) Blood or body fluids: Frequent (34-66%)
Extreme conditions, hot or cold: Occasional (1-33%) Communicable diseases: Frequent (34-66%)
Saw Blades, needles or other sharp objects: Occasional (1-33%) Unprotected heights: Not at all (0%)
Moving mechanical parts: Occasional (1-33%) Latex exposure: Frequent (34-66%)
RTI Surgical - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
RTI Biologics Inc. makes use of natural tissues and technologies to produce orthopedic, cardiovascular and other surgical implants that...