A ten week internship program designed to provide valuable career experience for students who wish to apply their quantitative education and skills in a fixed-income-oriented work environment. This is an intensive program that mirrors the responsibilities of a full time position within the Firm. Participants get on-the-job training as well as technical and business-oriented education. The intern will work in the Risk Management department of the firm.
Report to the Manager or Head of Analytics/Risk Management and perform extensive analysis including:
- Benchmark research and analysis,
- Data integrity and modeling,
- Portfolio reporting and analysis
- Quantitative analysis on a security and portfolio level
- Risk management for portfolios relative to benchmarks and evaluating both security and portfolio changes
- Interface with/support several of the firm’s major proprietary and vendor related systems/applications
- Work with cross-functional department teams to provide solutions to issues
- Other duties to be assigned
- Candidates should be in the process of completing a Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or a related major.
- Candidates should be exploring the career opportunities available to them within the financial services field, with a desire to learn about and participate in a Fixed Income environment.
Students with a proven record of academic excellence and achievement.
Legg Mason's feats include wealth management and mutual fund management. The financial services firm has several subsidiaries that...