Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc (WJE) is the nation’s premier team of expert architects, structural engineers, and materials scientists solving the problems of contemporary and historic structures. Check out our roster of people and projects and see where you can fit in at www.wje.com/contact/staff_find.php .
The WJE Internship Program provides top-notch students the opportunity to apply classroom learning to real-world challenges, working with recognized experts in forensic architecture and engineering. In turn, the Internship program assists in identifying high-potential, technically-adept professionals for regular, full-time employment upon graduation.
The WJE Chicago (Loop) office is seeking candidates for summer internship opportunities.
Advantages to Participants:
- Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in supporting and working with a professional staff that focuses on evaluating and designing repairs for problems that occur in the built world.
- Qualified candidates have completed their senior year of a Bachelor's or are in between years of a masters program in Civil/Structural Engineering, Architecture or Architectural Engineering.
- Must have at least a 3.5 out of 4.0 overall GPA.
- Candidates should be available to work full-time, a minimum of 40 hours a week.
- Additionally, qualified candidates will demonstrate strong leadership skills, integrity, excellent oral and written communication skills, and enthusiasm.
- Relevant work experience desirable but not required.
- Interns apply classroom training in the real world.
- Opportunity to work with and learn from talented professionals, the best in the business.
- Gain a competitive edge towards regular, full-time employment upon graduation.
- Challenging and stimulating work assignments.
- Competitive salary.
- Overtime pay at time-and-one-half for hours worked beyond the normal 40-hour week.
- Paid holidays during assignment period.
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Energy and Enthusiasm - Consistently maintains high levels of activity and productivity
- Attention to Detail - Careful and quality oriented
- Communication - Clearly conveys information, excellent writing skills
- Assumes Responsibility - Self-starter, willing to interact as a team player, and take independent initiative. Works proactively in solving problems; makes self available and takes action beyond normal responsibilities
- Interest in WJE work - Has traditional structural / architectural engineering training and skills combined with a passion for fixing problems with existing structures rather than new design