The Tax Reporting team is responsible for areas of tax reporting, including but not limited to the preparation of all quarterly and annual tax provisions, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance for the tax provision, and the review of accuracy of tax-related disclosures in the Company’s 10-K and 10-Qs.
The Tax Reporting Intern will assist the reporting team with all monthly and quarterly deliverables.
The Intern will have frequent interactions with other members of the domestic and international tax teams and will interact with accounting, legal, and human resources, and therefore must have effective interpersonal communications and problem solving skills and must be willing to follow through to resolve issues and completing deliverables.
- Prepare and assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual tax provision and related analyses for presentation to management.
- Prepare and assist with the review of tax accounting related to domestic and international locations, including but not limited to permanent and temporary differences and purchase accounting.
- Support the international tax function to obtain information needed for corporate reporting.
- Assist with internal IT and other control systems relevant to tax reporting, and provide input on improving their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare and assist with the OneSource for the tax provision by working closely with individuals in the tax and accounting departments.
Assist with the periodic tax compliance.
Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Ability to use customer service standards and follow guidelines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with online tax research tools such as BNA Tax Management Portfolio Library and CCH Tax Research Network
- Excellent references
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completing last year of Bachelor’s degree in accounting or completing Master’s degree in tax accounting
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
Approximately 0% travel may be required in support of the internship’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry.
Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs.
More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...