Posting Title Intern - vAppDRM - Application level SLO through Machine Learning About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to architect what’s next for the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group inspired to make a difference in the industry and our communities. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Why work for our Division VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China. Job Description Intern Engineering Opportunities at VMware
As an intern you get exposure to huge range of software platform technologies that are loved by customers all over the world. So, what is your passion? Where do you see yourself working? Is it in Systems, Computer virtualization, Operating Systems, Cloud Networking and Security, Distributed systems, Performance engineering, Front End Engineering, Backend engineering, User Experience, User Interface, or Quality Engineering.
Requisition Number 41294BR
- Pursuing Bachelors, Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Completed coursework in operating systems, computer architecture, compilers or networking, Distributed system, Data mining, Web development, User Interface design.
- Experience in one of the following: C, Java or C++.
- Experience with Python, Perl, shell, or other scripting languages.
- Experience/knowledge in Flex, HCI, wireframes, mockups
- Experience developing client-server or distributed, multithreaded applications.
- Experience developing user space and kernel modules.
- School or industry projects involving significant design and development.
- Previous internship experience is a plus.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, including commercial and open-source.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No
VMware - 10 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...