Unpaid Internship Work Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Department Corp. Communications/Marketing & Corp. Communications
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 30, 2013
Basic Functions Provide assistance with websites internal and external, work on related projects, from converting Illustrator route maps to pngs for iPod downloading to working with the Web Designer to develop Flash animation projects that could go on the home page of METRO's website. Create and use provided graphics for intranet Sharepoint site and ridemetro site. Some projects will require previous Web knowledge from working on simple html pages to optimizing images for the Web. Help Web Designer with intranet standardization manual, which requires taking screen shots of images and organizing a document of the intranet standards from font usage, color and graphics.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties - Design feature graphics for intranet site
Minimum Qualifications/Requirements Graphic Communications or Other Related degree program
- Work on Flash ads for ridemetro.org site
- Assist with website graphics
- Assist with website maintenance
- Assist with compiling intranet standardization manual
To be eligible to participate in METRO Intern Program, each candidate must:
Internships with the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (METRO) are unpaid opportunities. Selected participants will not be compensated nor will they be provided with relocation and living expenses.
- Be at least 18 years of age - Be currently enrolled in an accredited educational institution and have successfully completed 24 credit hours, or - Be currently enrolled in an accredited educational institution as a Graduate or a PhD student, or - Be a recent graduate (not longer than 1 year) from an accredited educational institution - Have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale - Be able to provide proof of identity (2 forms) - Be eligible to work in the United States.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment. Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion,age,sex,national origin,veteran status or disability.