Invensys Operations Management is a global technology, software and consulting organization leading significant change in process manufacturing, plant optimization, business operations and enterprise performance. We do this by helping our customers to take advantage of manufacturing and business operations. Our solutions help to automate plants and facilities and allow a wide range of personnel to receive and respond to changes in conditions more quickly and effectively, and thereby keep their operations running efficiently and safely. Primary customer industries include Refining and Petrochemicals, Upstream Oil and Gas, Pharmaceuticals and Fine Chemicals, and Power and Utilities.
Our market-leading solutions include Foxboro® field devices and control systems, Triconex® safety systems, SimSci-Esscor™ simulation and optimization applications and Avantis® enterprise asset management. Wonderware® software transforms data into vital plant information to enable our customers to keep their operations synchronized with their business objectives. Our Eurotherm® portfolio of products provides control and automation solutions to help customers to meet statutory regulations, and IMServ® carbon and energy solutions improve energy efficiency, cut costs and help to make businesses sustainable. Tying these systems and solutions together is the InFusion™ system, the world's first truly open enterprise system.
Simsci-Esscor simulation software is used extensively in the design, operation and optimization of refinery and chemical processes. The work is in DYNSIM, our offering for Dynamic Simulation and for building Operator Training Systems (OTS). The work will focus on
For candidates with TDD / Unit Testing experience, the work may also involve
- Creating / enhancing an automation framework for running the regression tests
- Running code analysis tools, code coverage tools and cleaning up code (mainly C++)
- Automating the above and integrating them with Cruise Control for continuous integration
We are looking for candidates who love programming and would like to take on new challenges. The successful candidate will be assigned to work with a distributed team of experienced developers under the direction of one of the managers.
- Establishing a TDD / Unit Testing framework (or enhancing the existing one) for the legacy code base and creating a procedure for the team to adopt
Required Knowledge and Skills
1. Ability to code with C++, C# and/or Java.
2. Experience with writing automation scripts (Perl, Python, etc.)
3. Experience with static code analysis tools, cruise control, etc.
4. Basic knowledge of client/server architectures
5. Any experience with TDD / Unit Testing
6. Some familiarity with or appreciation of computer modeling and simulation would be helpful
The job location will be at Houston.
Invensys is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
As part of our team, you'll build a strong career with a collaborative, knowledgeable team of people. We'll challenge you to think differently to achieve your goals. You'll have easy access to senior management, leading thinkers, and colleagues around the world.
In addition to competitive salaries and inclusive benefits, we offer global career opportunities and travel to new places to inspire fresh, new thinking. We believe in rewarding and recognizing risk-taking and creativity. We also promote a healthy work-life balance as essential for your personal growth.
May 3, 2012, 2:04:37 PM
Invensys - 2 years ago