Production & Programming;
The Disney ABC Television Group (DATG) is home to all of The Walt Disney Company's worldwide entertainment and news television properties. The Group includes the ABC Television Network (including ABC Daytime, ABC Entertainment Group and ABC News divisions); the Disney Channels Worldwide global kids' TV business, ABC Family and SOAPnet; as well as television distribution divisions Disney ABC Domestic Television and Disney ABC ESPN Television. The Disney ABC Television Group also manages the Radio Disney Network, general interest and non-fiction book imprint Hyperion, as well the Company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks.
For a summary of our different business areas visit www.disneyabctv.com
The Disney ABC Television Group has multiple ABC News internships based in Chicago, IL. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all related Fall opportunities.
Opportunities include but are not limited to:
Brian Ross Investigative Unit
Interns contribute to the Investigative Unit's website and assist in daily administrative duties.
ABC News - Chicago Bureau
- Support producers and editors in edit rooms for day-of-air pieces
- Tape research and transcription
- Assist producers with research for investigative broadcast pieces
- Pitch, report and write stories for "The Blotter" on ABCNews.com
- Assist with daily administrative duties
The intern will assist on shoots, transcribe interviews, and perform various administrative and production tasks to support producers
- Helping with production tasks such as logging, shooting and being on hand to aid during shoots
- Researching stories and helping produce daily segments
- Administrative tasks such as answering phone and sorting mail
- All students must be eligible to work in the US
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- All students must be enrolled at an accredited institution -or- be a recent graduate within the last six (6) months at internship start
- All students must be available to a minimum of 2 full work days per week (8 hours/day)
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All students must be proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Word and Excel
Job Posting Industries
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Previous internship experience within a related field
- Obtained or pursuing Broadcast Journalism or equivalent communications degree
- Basic AVID Editing skills
Compensation: Intern positions are paid employment opportunities.
Application Procedures: Submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should contain your professional areas of interest, experience and how you would benefit from an internship with The Disney ABC Television Group.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
iCIMS Social Distribution
- 2 years ago - save job