The internship/coop role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Penta by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns/coops and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Penta. The Intern in Finance & Business Control will gain experience working in finance from an international perspective as Volvo Penta Region Americas is responsible for all sales activities in North & South America.
Intern will be responsible for providing support to the finance department, to include:
• Project work to improve consolidated gross profit analysis
• Work to maintain and improve accuracy of customer master data
• Support in preparation of presentation material for Executive meetings and internal Business Follow-up Meetings
• Assist in organizing and preparing consolidated monthly estimates for Region Americas.
• Perform miscellaneous office duties (answer phones, organization of files, coordinating meetings, etc.)
• Assist with miscellaneous special projects
• Excellent organizational skills and an acute attention to detail
• Excellent MS Excel knowledge and skills
• Strong working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products, especially PowerPoint
• An eagerness to learn, ability to work independently, and readiness for responsibility
• Effective personal communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Customer Focus
• Technical Skills
• Peer Relationships
• Integrity and Trust
• Standing Alone
• Action Oriented
Minimum Education & Experience
· Applicants must be pursuing a degree in Accounting, Economics, or Business Administration at an accredited school and have completed 60 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
· Must have completed an introductory level course in Accounting.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- History of academic achievement: GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
Volvo Group - 14 months ago
Drivers looking for the iconic boxy station wagon beware; these Volvos don't haul families. Volvo Construction Equipment North America...