Production & Programming;
The Disney ABC Television Group (DATG) is home to all of The Walt Disney Company's worldwide entertainment and news television properties. The Group includes the ABC Television Network (including ABC Daytime, ABC Entertainment Group and ABC News divisions); the Disney Channels Worldwide global kids' TV business, ABC Family and SOAPnet; as well as television distribution divisions Disney ABC Domestic Television and Disney ABC ESPN Television. The Disney ABC Television Group also manages the Radio Disney Network, general interest and non-fiction book imprint Hyperion, as well the Company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks.
For a summary of our different business areas visit www.disneyabctv.com
An internship at "The View" provides students a multifaceted understanding of all aspects necessary for the production of a live television show. Grounded in a hand-on approach, interns play a vital role in all aspects of operation and production.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Interns will also have the opportunity to hear from a panel of production staff members and observe/interview departments of interest.
- Observing the control room, studio floor & editing
- Audience coordination
- Distribution of audience give-aways
- Production related errands
- Assisting/Shadowing segment producers during preparation, rehearsal and execution of segments
- Observe/Assist on remote shoots
- Assisting tape coordinator, production assistants and research department
- General office duties
- All students must be eligible to work in the US
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- All students must be enrolled at an accredited institution -or- be a recent graduate within the last six (6) months at internship start
- All students must be available to a minimum of 3 full work days per week (8 hours/day)
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Eligible to recieve credit for the completion of the internship
- Student must be allowed to complete a paid internship by their college/university
Job Posting Industries
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Previous internship experience within a related field
- Obtained or pursuing Production or equivalent communications degree
- Stong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact/work with show audience & talent
Compensation: Intern positions are paid employment opportunities.
Application Procedures: Submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should contain your professional areas of interest, experience and how you would benefit from an internship with The Disney ABC Television Group.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
iCIMS Social Distribution
- 23 months ago - save job