How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Intern - First Connection Program
Position Location: Southwest Region- New Mexico/El Paso Chaper
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Committment: 10 hours per week for a minimum of one semester or 5 months
Basic Function: Responsible for implemtenting the First Connection Program which includes direct contact with patients and caregivers, coordinating volunteers, and informational presentations to healthcare professionals.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision and direction of the Patient Services Manager. Training will be provided.
- Makes Follow-up calls to inform patients and caregivers about our Patient Services Program and offer a First Connection (FC ) Match
- Coordinates FC volunteers including: recruiting, selection, scheduling training, and recognition
- Assists Patient Services Manager in planning and promoting the FC Volunteer training and refresher course
- Makes Outreach visits to health care professionals as assigned by the Patient Services Manager to maximize dissemination of the LLS Mission and Patient Services into target markets to increase awareness and program utilization
- Maintains assigned office, patient, and program records, files, and databases.
- Supports related projects as assigned
- Experience working in healthcare settings
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Evidenced sensitivity (experience working with cancer patients preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent word processing and database management skills
- Detail oriented and organized
For Consideration please forward resume and cover letter to:
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
4600 A Montgomery Blvd NE, Suite 201
Albuquerque NM 87109
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - 21 months ago