Christopher & Banks is looking for an intern to work with our Planning Team at our Corporate Office, located in Plymouth, MN.
Christopher & Banks has an established internship program. If you are looking to fetch coffee and make copies, this is not the place for you. Many of our internships lead to fulltime employment opportunities. One of the things our interns like the most is the chance to do real work. They are contributing to the team with the opportunity to ask as many questions as needed. The internship program starts June 10 th and concludes August 16 th . All positions are paid!
The intern will gain a well rounded exposure to all aspects of planning resulting in a better understanding of gathering and analyzing data and how it translates into strategic action in alignment with the department’s financial objectives. At culmination of internship tenure, intern will present analysis and recommendations related to the current performance of the Apparel Department by product classification.
- Manage & maintain weekly department financial forecasts, incorporating current business trends. Forecasts encompass key financial metrics -sales, margin, markdowns & receipts/inventory.
- Manage & maintain department daily sales forecasts.
- Provide accurate & timely reporting information (weekly, monthly & quarterly) to the merchant teams to facilitate business discussions & strategy development.
- Facilitate the development of an assortment planwith the buyer by providing key item/Top 10 & product grouping (attributes) reporting. Using these reports, present analysis & make assortment recommendations to merchants & senior management based upon historically observed trends.
- Manage inventory through the effective use of weekly markdowns. Partner with merchants regarding markdown strategy.
- Current progress toward a Bachelors degree in Fashion Merchandising, Marketing, Business Completions of Junior Year Preferred
- Strong communication (verbal & written) skills.
- Inclination toward analytic and strategic thinking.
- Strong excel proficiency, inclusive of pivot tables.
- Strong access (or other data base management tool) proficiency.
Christopher & Banks - 17 months ago
Christopher & Banks Corporation is a Minneapolis-based company that specializes in women’s apparel. We were founded in 1956 when...