Internal Audit (IA) supports the Board of Directors’ Audit Committee and senior firm leadership in fulfilling their oversight roles by independently assessing the firm’s internal control structure, raising awareness of control risk, providing advice to management in developing control solutions, and monitoring the implementation of management’s control measures.
The Internal Audit VP position is based in New York and responsible for global audit coverage of the Blackstone businesses reporting directly to the Chief Audit Executive (CAE). Primary job responsibilities will be to:
· Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of business areas, products, and supporting functions
· Manage the completion of the business related internal audit plan and supervise team members to ensure audit fieldwork is focused on the right areas and documentation meets high quality standards
· Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, and make recommendations on improving the control environment
· Prepare effective audit conclusions, findings and the suggested remediation plan for presentation to senior management and business clients
· Follow-up on open audit issues and monitor the process of closing open audit issues
· Participate in firm initiatives (e.g. pre-acquisition, new business and investments) to provide advice in developing control solutions
· Participate in department-wide initiatives aimed at continually improving IA’s processes and supporting infrastructure
General Skills and Experience:
• 10+ years internal audit and/or relevant business experience
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability
• Works well individually and in teams, shares information and supports colleagues
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient and effective manner and with minimal supervision.
• Excellent communication (i.e., verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management and influence change.
• Flexible and adaptable to dynamically changing work environments, including travel where necessary
Audit Skills and Experience:
• Strong internal audit management experience, including development and execution of audit universe risk assessments and audit plans
• Experience managing teams and delivering on-time and on-budget performance
• Strong analytical and reporting skills and effective relationship-building experience
• Ability to identify and highlight issues requiring senior management attention while resolving minor issues without the need for senior management intervention
• Must be able to take on some of the daily execution and oversight functions so that IA lead can focus on broader strategic components and important issues that require escalation
· Extensive knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing, accounting, and business principles and practices to the relevant internal audit activities.
Product Specific Skills and Experience:
• In-depth technical knowledge in the following business areas:
· RIA/Asset Management
· Private Equity Funds
· Real Estate Funds / REITs
· Hedge Fund Solutions (BAAM)
· Credit Solutions (GSO)
· Tactical Opportunities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
Blackstone - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Throw a rock and you're bound to hit a Blackstone investment. The Blackstone Group is one of the largest private equity firms and...