Primary purpose: To perform management responsibilities for the Internal Audit group
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Lead and manage financial, operational, and compliance audit procedures in a timely fashion. Develop reports that communicate test procedures, test results, and recommendations. Effectively document and communicate audit results to Senior Management and the Board. Review and determine the effectiveness of internal controls. Determine that company assets are safe-guarded and that corporate policies and procedures are followed. Identify areas of potential operational improvement and provide value-added suggestions for achieving improvement. Manage and review the Sarbanes Oxley testing of process controls. Effectively manage staff.
Job level commensurate with experience and skill set.
Education: Accounting, Finance, or MIS degree
Experience / specific knowledge:
• At least 8 years of experience in Audit
• At least 5 years of increasing responsibility with a public accounting firm (big four firm experience is preferred).
• Direct Sarbanes Oxley auditing experience
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
• Required Professional certification (CPA or CIA)
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to effectively manage audits and projects; which includes direct participation in performance of the audits and projects.
• Ability to quickly gain an understanding of business processes.
• Ability to analyze and summarize data.
• Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills; strong writing skills, particularly as related to audit reports and management presentations
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, prioritize work schedule, focus attention on details, and follow rules.
• Ability to effectively manage staff and set department priorities.
• Ability to travel up to 35%
• Office environment
• Directly supervise Internal Audit staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
• MBA or MS in Accounting or Finance
• Big four firm experience
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...