For more than 110 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of fruit spreads, retail packaged coffee, peanut butter, shortening and oils, ice cream toppings, sweetened condensed milk, and health and natural foods beverages in North America. Its family of brands includes Smucker's®, Folgers®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Jif®, Crisco®, Pillsbury®, Eagle Brand®, R.W. Knudsen Family®, Hungry Jack®, Café Bustelo®, Café PilonTM, White Lily® and Martha White® in the United States, along with Robin Hood®, Five Roses®, Carnation® and Bick's® in Canada. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit www.smuckers.com .
Internal Auditor/ Senior Internal Auditor
Orrville , OH (Close proximity to Cleveland/Akron)
Assistant Manager, Internal Audit
· Participate in and/or lead corporate, plant and SOX audits as follows:
o Assist with audit scoping and fieldwork planning
o Update internal audit programs as needed
o Execute audit programs completely, accurately and in compliance with IIA standards
o Identify control deficiencies and associated risk; consult with auditee on possible remediation activities
o Document findings, assist with the drafting of the audit report and follow up on issues
o P articipate in kickoff and closing meetings
o Coordinate and perform remediation testing
o Supervise auditors during fieldwork and review their work product
· Maintain internal audit files and work papers by following departmental and IIA standards.
· Provide assistance with the audit of new and existing information systems.
· Assist with risk assessment activities and preparation of the annual internal audit plan.
· Analyze data within audit areas using Oracle tools, ACL or Excel to understand trends and risk patterns.
· Assist with training of new team members.
· Work with external auditors in conducting the external audit.
· Assist with summary of au dit results and preparation of reports to the Audit Committee.
· Stay abreast of new techniques and trends in the audit profession and recommend those applicable to the Company.
· Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
· Bachelor degree in accounting or accounting major required
· 1 -5 years experience in public accounting or internal audit
· Experience with manufacturing or consumer food products a plus
· Experience with systems audit a plus
· Experience with Oracle a plus
· Willingness to travel up to 20%, including weekends, a must (travel may increase depending on M&A activities)
· CPA/CIA, or progressing toward certification
· Technical skills – knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO, PCAOB and IIA standards
· Interpersonal skills – ability to interact positively with all levels of management
· Good communication skills – written and verbal
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
The J.M. Smucker Company is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of their employment on the basis of any status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Smucker's - 18 months ago