Responsible for the planning and execution of financial, compliance, and operational audits of bank activities to evaluate internal controls and ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures and the identification and mitigation of risks. Uses independent judgment and experience to carry out a comprehensive internal audit plan that addresses and mitigates identified risks. Documents and communicates audit findings and recommendations to Management and the Audit Committee. Strengthens Internal Audit’s relationship with the Bank and provides recommendations on process improvements that promote the Bank’s strategic objectives. Acts as a change agent that drives continuous quality throughout the Bank while deepening the understanding of related risks and controls.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university in Accounting or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of three (3) years of work experience performing audit procedures or internal control assessments, including formulation and presentation of audit findings, or other relevant experience
• Experience in Public accounting and/or in process design, evaluation, and improvement preferred.
• Experience in financial services industry and/or regulated industry preferred.
• Experience in managing personnel and/or projects preferred.
• CPA or CIA designation or advanced degree preferred.
• Strong analytical skill to make recommendations to solving complex project and business problems by using independent judgment to identify, establishing responsive objectives and actions, and applying objective project assessment.
• Able to prioritize, meet schedules and deadlines with thorough, accurate and quality work products.
• Requires excellent listening, oral and written communication skills to interact with a wide range of internal and external constituents.
• Strong interpersonal skills to influence, motivate, and persuade various groups or individuals.
• Proficient in data interrogation and analytics using tools such as ACL preferred.
• Proficient PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook).
American Savings Bank - Hawaii - 18 months ago
About Our Bank
Who We Are
American Savings Bank is one of Hawaii's leading financial institutions, serving our communities for over 85...