Perform and document operations audits throughout the Distribution Company to ensure adequate system of internal controls are maintained. Assist in determining whether the organizational units in the Company are performing in compliance with management instructions, applicable statement of policy and procedures. Provide audit observations and make recommendations for correction of unsatisfactory conditions, best practices improvements in operations and reductions in cost.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs detail testing of internal controls in various areas of the operation functions within the Distribution Company.
- Maintain ongoing oversight over Distribution Center and Company Route inventory transactions. Isolate and identify causes of shrink at these locations and communicate corrective actions to minimize financial loss.
- Obtains, analyzes, and appraises evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency of performance of the activities being
along with recommendations that improve the effectiveness, efficiency and economic value of a control or process. Reports specific findings and makes cost-effective recommendations.
- Performs special reviews or other projects as assigned by the Director Distribution Support & Development and senior management.
- Evaluates the adequacy and timeliness of management’s response.
- Documents compliance of control procedures related to Safety, expense control, safeguarding of assets, inventory, and Sox Compliance
- Meet with managers and/or supervisors to discuss audit observations and findings.
- Provides reports to management on the effectiveness of their business unit’s internal control structure
- Maintains follow-up system on deficiencies noted in audits and determines response action needed.
- Appraises, or assists in appraising, the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient
Scope of Responsibility
- Assist various departments within the Distribution Company in improving policies and procedures.
- Works independently, seeks guidance and confirmation of progress as required.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Uses discretion in handling confidential information and data.
- Participates in a minimum of 16 hours of audit related professional education seminars.
- Perform other duties as required.
Audit Scope – Organizational policies and procedures, Sox Compliance and as directed per Senior Internal Auditor and senior management.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Reasoning Ability: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Strong analytical skills and the ability to evaluate situations where results are difficult to measure.
Ability to work effectively with team members at all levels, especially department heads and senior management. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Sound knowledge of auditing standards and procedures. Must have valid Driver’s license. Training: Fundamentals of Internal Auditing, Evaluating Internal Controls, Audit Report Writing, Basic Interview Skills, Developing Observations & Recommendations and Fraud Detection. Computer literacy required.
Education and Experience
Knowledge, skills and academic development equivalent to a two year degree. A minimum of one to three years of relevant experience in Audit or the equivalent. Training: Fundamentals of Internal Auditing, Evaluating Internal Controls, Audit Report Writing, Basic Interview Skills, Development Observations & Recommendations and Fraud Detection.
Strong knowledge of Distribution Company systems and procedures related to JDEdwards warehouse and handheld processes with focus on inventory procedures and controls.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a normal work environment such as warehouses, stockrooms, various plant and office locations. Must be able to work extended hours when required.
Air, automotive travel and overnight stays are required but not limited to approximately 40%.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Snyder’s-Lance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Snyder's-Lance, Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, manufactures, markets and distributes snack foods throughout the...