TIAA-CREF Internal Audit Division has openings for Senior Auditors who will support the Finance & Actuarial / Corporate Services Audit Team. As part of the Audit Team, a qualified candidate will be required to apply technical and analytical skills to a variety of Finance, Actuarial, and Corporate Support Functions. The Corporate Support Functions include Marketing, Human Resources, and Advocacy & Oversight. In addition, the candidate must have experience in leading an audit team through the planning, scoping and execution of audit engagements, along with the communication and reporting of audit issues to the Senior Management. This position will support the audit teams in defining scope of audits, identifying key risk areas, and reviewing relevant controls across the organization in support of the annual risk-based audit plan. Ensures effective program management disciplines are in practice, provides independent validation of program health to senior leadership, drives effective risk management, ensures reporting transparency and provides subject matter expertise to validate testing quality through to successful delivery of engagement. The role will have the chance to contribute from day one by presenting findings to Management and collaborating with other experienced professionals.
Networks with senior personnel within the business unit and across groups to resolve issues, gain needed information and influence outcomes. Participate in discussions with senior management when communicating audit results and recommendations.
• Conduct complex risk-based internal audits under the general direction of management and consistent with auditing standards and professional practices.
• Produce a high quality end-product that clearly documents the audit work performed, which meets or exceeds the division standards while adhering to schedules and deadlines.
• Demonstrate good judgment in evaluating the results of audits and in developing and presenting remediation solutions where control weaknesses and root cause have been identified.
• Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance, evaluating manual and automated financial processes, identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
• Work collaboratively and independently on unique or special assignments which may require specialized knowledge and/or experience.
• Review the suitability of internal control design.
• Determine compliance with regulatory requirements, auditing standards and Company’s policies and procedures.
• Verbally communicates findings to senior management and draft comprehensive and complete report of audit area.
• Comply with Company, Division and Professional ethical standards.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant areas of study. Degree in Accounting is preferred.
• Three plus years of experience in auditing (Public accounting experience is strongly preferred)
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP, financial reporting, internal controls (SOX) and current regulatory requirements.
• Skilled in using Word, Excel, and other business software.
• Certifications - CPA (preferred), CIA a plus.
• The candidate will also ideally have experience working in the insurance and/or financial industry segment. Actuarial auditing experience a strong a plus.
• Good team work skills including experience managing teams, effective team interactions, providing timely and constructive feedback, negotiating issues and resolving problems.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple demands.
• Leadership qualities with advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
NOTE: The incumbent of these positions will be designated as a “Tier 1 Access Person” for personal trading purposes. Such a designation imposes restrictions on securities holdings and trading activities of the incumbent, and of certain family members, which should be fully understood before any offer of employment for this position is accepted.
TIAA is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce. Visit our Careers site to learn more about how we are
making a difference
TIAA-CREF - 15 months ago
TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a...