TIAA-CREF provides a broad range of diversified products and services to meet the individual and institutional financial needs of our clients. TIAA-CREF Bank is a consumer banking and lending organization designed to meet those needs.
The Internal Audit Division provides audit, advisory and investigative services to TIAA. As part of the Audit team, a qualified candidate will be required to apply technical and analytical skills to a variety of Asset Management and Risk Management functions. The role will have the chance to contribute from day one by presenting findings to Management and collaborating with other experienced professionals. In addition, the candidate must have experience in leading an audit team through the planning, scoping and execution of audit engagements, along with the communication and reporting of audit issues to the Senior Management. This position is project management focused, and the candidate will have to identify and analyze the risks inherent in our business, evaluate existing risk management controls, test controls, identify issues and collaborate with management to develop solutions.
· This position will function at a staff Internal Auditor level.
· Conduct complex internal audits under the general direction of management and consistent with auditing standards, professional practices, schedules and any related statutes.
· Produce a quality end-product that clearly documents the audit work performed, which meets or exceeds the division standards while adhering to schedules and due dates.
· Demonstrate good judgment in evaluating the results of audits and in developing and presenting remediation solutions where control weaknesses have been identified
· Work collaboratively and independently on unique or special assignments which may require specialized knowledge and/or experience.
· Comply with Company, Division, and Professional ethical standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant areas of study.
- Prefer relevant professional certification preferred (e.g. CPA, CIA, CIDA, CFSA, CISA, CFE, CMA).
- At least 1-3 years of experience in auditing, finance, accounting, operational risk, or relevant business area.
- Experience in knowledge of asset management operations and regulatory requirements.
- Experience with various asset classes such as equities, fixed income, real estate, private equity, alternatives, hedge funds, etc.
- Demonstrated time management and project management skills.
- Good team skills including experience in building effective team interactions.
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Attention to details, results-oriented and a self-starter
The incumbent of this position will be designated as a “Tier 1 Access Person” for personal trading purposes. Such a designation imposes restrictions on securities holdings and trading activities of the incumbent, and of certain family members, which should be fully understood before any offer of employment for this position is accepted.
TIAA-CREF - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a...