Stripes LLC is in the process of interviewing candidates for the position of Internal Auditor in Corpus Christi, TX. The position will report directly to the Director of Internal Audit.
Some areas of responsibility include:
• Perform testing of the effectiveness of financial controls for SOX
• Utilize accounting systems and other software to collect and analyze data electronically
• Utilize a risk assessment, financial assertion or other audit objectives to develop audit programs and test plans
• Perform audit procedures through inspection, inquiry, observation, reperformance and analytics
• Exercise independent judgment and utilize sound work paper techniques
• Document processes, procedures and testing performed; draft memos and audit reports
• Identify potential issues and recommendations; meet with the client for confirmation and remediation
• Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and participation in meetings
• Pursue professional development opportunities, further knowledge of the company and share knowledge with coworkers and other company personnel
• Manage multiple tasks, engagements and deadlines concurrently
• Meet department utilization goals, deadlines and quality standards
• Preparing or auditing financial statements and footnotes
• Testing financial controls and evaluating exceptions for SOX
• Perform audits in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit as set forth by the IIA or equivalent standards used by the department
Personal qualifications and attributes necessary for successful performance in this role include:
• Bachelor’s degree; major in accounting
• Professional certification such as CPA or CIA preferred
• At least 2 years of experience (more is preferred) as an internal auditor, financial auditor or equivalent
• Knowledge of more complex accounting areas preferred (stock-based compensation, earnings per share, income taxes, purchase accounting, asset impairment, self-insured liabilities, leases, etc.)
• Data analysis with software such as MS Access, SQL, ACL or IDEA
• Skill in collecting, analyzing and summarizing complex information, drawing logical conclusions and solving problems
• Proficient with typing, personal computers and Microsoft Office or equivalent
Interested candidates who meet the listed qualifications should submit their resume or application to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax 361.693.3719.
In the subject line, please include the title of the position you are applying for.
Susser Holdings Corporation - 30+ days ago
Susser Holdings Corporation (Susser) is a non-refining convenience stores operator, as well as a non-refining motor fuel distributor. The Co...