Assist the team in fixed-income investor relationship management. This includes daily and weekly meetings with investors both in-person and on the phone.
- Perform internal audits over all Banking areas within the Bank's Americas Division.
- Assist in planning audits, develop audit programs and perform audit field work, including process documentation, control evaluations, and client interviews .
- Prepare clear and concise audit work papers within prescribed timeframes.
- Propose or evaluate corrective measures designed to strengthen internal controls, operational policies and procedures, and other weaknesses identified in audits.
- Plan and organize work, manage multiple tasks, set objectives/goals, and re-prioritize as needed.
Experience Requirements / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 2-5 years’ of financial/operational internal audit experience within the Banking Industry is required.
- Working knowledge of banking products, processes, regulations and compliance aspects.
- Working knowledge of Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)organized and ability to multi task.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply general and specific administrative and departmental policies and procedures as well as applicable federal & state laws and regulations.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities.
- Appropriate analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to travel up to 10% during the fiscal year: Brazil, Canada and West Coast.
- CPA or CIA certification a plus.
SMBC has had a presence in the Middle East, stretching back to the 1970's. We have physical representation through our representative...