The internal auditor’s primary responsibility is to periodically examine the records of every significant function of the Bank to ensure that generally accepted accounting practices are being followed, internal controls and safeguards are in place, and are adequate, effective, and efficient, regulatory and legal requirements are being complied with, policies and procedures are being followed, independent evaluations of ongoing operations are provided to managers, and assistance can be provided to the external auditors.
Verify compliance with policies set forth by management and/or the board of directors. Verify compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Verify that the records of the bank are complete and accurate, and that transactions are promptly and properly recorded. Verify completeness and accuracy of documentation related to Sarbanes-Oxley. Plan, perform, and report on the design and operating effectiveness of financial reporting controls under Sarbanes Oxley Act. Recommend financial and operational improvements suggestions for the Bank. Assist management as needed with the development of action plans. Prepare reports for presentation to management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors based on findings discovered during internal audits. Provid assistance to external auditors and examiners. Verify that assets and liabilities are properly safeguarded and properly disclosed in the financial statements. Verify that expenses are authorized, correct in amount, and consistent with bank policy. Miscellaneous other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Internal Auditing, Finance or related field required
- 3-5 years internal auditing experience, preferably in a banking environment
- CPA, CIA, CFSA, CFE or equivalent preferred
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent judgment and concentration abilities
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations
- Knowledge of banking operations, real estate lending, general ledger and deposit areas
- Ability to work independently and design and implement audit test plans based upon organized and logical choices.