ODOT13-0239oc - Salem
The purpose of this job/position is to perform various types of performance audits as a staff member of Audit Services. The audits provide information to management to improve the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of Department programs, operations, and activities and to reduce risk. Employees conduct audits in accordance with generally accepted government auditing standards. The position may also provide consulting services to management upon request.
Comprehensive knowledge of government performance auditing is essential to this position. The auditor may work independently or on a team with other members of the section. In performing an audit, the auditor studies reference materials; plans the audit and develops the audit program or assists or directs others in doing these tasks; conducts interviews; evaluates the effectiveness of programs, procedures, and internal controls; writes working papers presenting results; develops findings and recommendations; and participates in or performs the responsibilities of report writing and closing conferences.
Underfill Option: This position is classified at the Internal Auditor 2 level, however, we encourage candidates who meet the minimum qualifications of the Internal Auditor 1 level to apply. We may underfill the position until the selected candidate fulfills the minimum qualifications for the Internal Auditor 2 level. Underfill training will not exceed 2 years.
If you are hired, you will become part of the State's Management Team.
Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
Instructions - Minimum Qualifications
The 'Work Experience' and/or 'Education' sections of your application must clearly describe how you meet the qualifications for this position as listed below.
You must also answer supplemental questions at the end of the application. The quality and completeness of your answers will be a determining factor in selecting candidates for interview.
A resume' or position description will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Minimum Qualifications :
Internal Auditor 2
A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field such as business or public administration, finance, economics, computer science, accounting or a field specific to the Agency’s mission or area of audit.
Two years of auditing experience. A graduate-level degree in any of the areas defined under education may substitute for one year of auditing experience.
Professional certifications such as Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Government Audit Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, or Certified Public Accountant are desirable.
A graduate degree in any of the fields listed under minimum qualifications is desirable.
Underfill Option – Internal Auditor 1 (Salary $3590 - $5052 monthly)
A Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field such as business or public administration, finance, economics, computer science, accounting; or a field specific to the Agency’s mission.
Criminal Background and additional pre-employment check(s) as required for the position will be conducted on final candidates (could include Drivers License, LEDS, and/or Education Verification).
Veteran's Points :
Honorable or General 'Character of Service' showing on a DD214 or DD215 attached to your application - 5 Points
Honorable or General 'Character of Service' showing on a DD214 or DD215 and a 'Certificate of Civil Service' preference letter attached to your application - 10 Points
For questions about the job announcement, call 503-986-3774.
For technical help with online application, call 1-877-204-4442.
Application Help: Application Help: http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/CS/HR/jobs/Application_Help.pdf
· Plan and manage audits to achieve audit objectives within assigned resources.
· When serving as lead auditor on a project, coordinate, assign and review the work of auditors or other staff involved in the audit.
· Coordinate with external auditors, such as the Secretary of State Audits Division, to minimize duplication of work and to provide requested assistance.
· Conduct performance audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards.
· Research potential audit issues by reviewing documentation and interviewing people. Research legal and administrative requirements, professional standards, and best practices to develop audit criteria.
· Develop findings that are fully supported and documented by working papers.
· Based on preliminary survey work, determine audit scope and objectives and resources needed.
· Develop written reports, including graphics and other exhibits, that clearly and concisely present complex audit analysis and results.
· Make persuasive oral and written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the audit.
· Advise department management on a variety of management, operational, and programmatic issues, as requested.
Electronic Application Checklist:
Veteran's Documents - If Applicable
Oregon Department of Transportation
Human Resources/Recruitment, MS12
355 Capitol St NE
Salem OR 97301-3871
Announcement information can be made available in an alternative format by calling 711 (Relay Operator for the Deaf).
ODOT does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission or access to our programs, services, activities, hiring, and employment practices. Contact 1-877-336-6368 (1-877-EEO-ODOT) for questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
The Oregon State Government is expected to continue cost reduction measures including mandatory unpaid time off (furlough days) during the 2011-2013 biennium.
- State Directories
- Agencies A to Z
- Oregon Administrative Rules
- Oregon Revised Statutes
- About Oregon.gov
Web Site Links
State of Oregon - 2 years ago