The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have an Internal Auditor I/II position available at our Corporate Headquarters in Boise, ID.
Under direct supervision and following prescribed procedures, conducts or assists in the performance and documentation of internal audit projects.
• Prepares work papers to support audit scope, objectives, work performed and findings and conclusions reached.
• Audits the accounting and statistical data of various departments, divisions, and locations in order to verify accuracy.
• Audits the activities of various departments for compliance with plans, policies and procedures prescribed by management.
• Cooperates with outside auditors in any undertaking that may expedite their work.
• Determines proper accountability of assets through physical count, inventory and confirmation.
• Assesses vulnerabilities and provides recommendations and options.
• Presents audit findings to senior audit management for the development of reports and recommendations.
• Bachelor's Degree from 4 year college or university; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for meeting the minimum requirements.
• Two plus years related experience and/or training desired.
• Working towards obtaining CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, or equivalent professional certificate desired.
• Information Technology background or training preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Some travel required to support activities of department