This position will report to the President and Chief Executive Officer and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. The position requires knowledge of financial processes and internal controls. This position also requires a high degree of accuracy and the ability to determine compliance with policies and procedures. Judgment is required to evaluate internal controls. In addition, good written and verbal communication is required for discussing and reporting deficiencies. THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED IN AFRICA AT A TO BE DETERMINED (NEGOTIABLE) LOCATION.
This position is responsible for monitoring internal controls, compliance with policies and procedures, safeguarding of assets, and fraud at IFDC locations in East and West Africa and Eurasia. The audit plan and schedule will be determined by the Africa/Eurasia Internal Auditor in conjunction with the Headquarters Internal Auditor and the President and Chief Executive Officer. Responsibilities include the following:
The Africa/Eurasia Internal Auditor will need to use his/her knowledge and judgment to identify audit deficiencies and observations. Audit programs, workpapers, and reports may be reviewed by the Headquarters Internal Auditor.
- Develop an internal audit program for country office audits (primarily financial processes)
- Conduct interviews and perform testing to evaluate internal controls and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Discuss audit results and corrective action with management
- Prepare internal audit reports
- Identify “best practices” in country office processes and recommend process improvements
- Review Africa and Eurasia travel advances for aging and compliance with policy
- Perform fraud investigations, if needed
- Prepare an annual summary of audit results for presentation to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
This job requires an understanding of auditing and financial/operational processes, including the following:
- High ethical standards and objectivity
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Resourceful and well organized, using good time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, to discuss and report audit results
- Ability to use good judgment to form audit conclusions
- Ability to think analytically, independently, and creatively
- Ability to work effectively on your own and with others at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of internal controls for financial processes
- Understanding of the procurement and disbursement process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance or an MBA and 2+ years of related work experience (international experience preferred)
- Knowledge of French is desirable
IFDC is a nonprofit international center that, for more than 30 years, has provided a broad range of services in technical assistance,...