Control Reviews of financial systems to identify risks and recommend controls to mitigate risks (including technical and business process controls). Both pre-implementation (for systems in development) and post-implementation reviews are conducted. The reviews require working with business owners of the system to identify controls. Customer acceptance test plans used are also reviewed to ensure all financial activity and controls are tested.
• Accounting Control functions such as developing accounting flows based on business requirements for new products, monitoring and evaluating account reconciliations performed throughout the company, and monitoring controls over user developed applications/spreadsheets used for financial reporting.
• Special Projects as necessary, to support strategic initiatives, divisional administration, task forces, etc. Examples include Sarbanes-Oxley coordination, business resiliency, control training, and business process reviews.
NY - New York (51 Madison Ave)
FIN - CONTROLLER'S DEPARTMENT
• Bachelor's Degree with credits in Accounting, MIS or Computer Science.
• Three to five years work experience in fields such as operational audit, project management, business and financial system analysis, testing, and accounting.
• Experience with system, financial, and accounting controls.
• Strong self-starter with the ability to lead projects independently.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to build consensus on recommendations at all levels of an organization.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and in team environments.
New York Life - 16 months ago
New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual life...