Job Function: Physician, Family Practice Physician
Comprehensive Health Services (CHS) health centers enable you to deliver the highest quality in patient care.
CHS focuses exclusively on managing workforce health programs for major corporations and government agencies. Founded in 1975, CHS has proudly set a new standard in onsite health care delivery. With best practices honed by our more than 35 years of experience, CHS helps employers with large, dispersed or mobile workforces achieve healthier employees, lower absenteeism, fewer injuries, lower long-term risk and lower payouts for disability and employee health costs.
Become a member of tomorrows health care delivery team today! Every body wins with CHS!
CHS Health Services currently has a per diem Internal Medicine or Family Practice Physician opportunity with a client located in Kansas City, MO.
This position provides support to the operations of the onsite health units and staff. Principal area of endeavor is in the clinical medicine aspects of primary care and occupational medicine. Reports to the Account Manager.
Fully unencumbered, ABMS board certified physician licensed to practice medicine in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia. Strong clinical background required with at least 10 years experience both in hospital and outpatient settings. Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required. Strong analytical and evaluative abilities as well as excellent communications skills required. Demonstrated managerial experience in triaging multiple tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees clinical care provided by mid-level providers and nurses.
- Examines patients and determine appropriate x-ray examinations and clinical laboratory tests.
- Interprets test results, evaluate examination findings, formulate patient management plans, and communicate such to the patient.
- Determines the need for and assist in specialized medical care and treatment.
- Maintains currency in Basic Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Advanced Trauma Life Support.
- Provides diagnosis and care on the basis of medical history, physical examinations, and diagnostic tests.
- Performs physical examinations as part of the pre-employment, periodic and occupational health surveillance programs.
- Maintains familiarity with all emergency procedures and applicable medical operating instructions, policies and instructions. Maintains a full working knowledge of applicable medical standards.
- Provides medical care with limited equipment, supplies, and personnel at remote sites as required.
- Directs patient care activities of nurses, technicians, and other assigned staff.
- Prepares and reviews case histories and obtains data through interviews.
- Refers to other physicians those injuries or illnesses, which will require time off from work, specialty medical care, or extended follow up.
- Monitors exercise electrocardiographic testing as part of the physical examination program.
- Serve as interface with local private physician for referral of patients and interchange of information important to patient health and safety.
- Maintains familiarity with all emergency procedures and medical operating instructions and policies.
- Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO and other mandated regulatory or conformance regulations/standards.
- Performs other assigned departmental operations to maintain workflow.
Tools and Equipment used:
Proficient in operation of computer, medical equipment for physical exam, cardioversion equipment, minimal exercise treadmill, sigmoidoscope, standard office equipment.
Work involves prolonged periods of sitting, computer operation, good eye/hand coordination and lifting up to 40 lbs.
Kansas City , Missouri, United States
How To Apply:
All Health Jobs.com - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -