MRIGlobal is hiring chemists to support current contracts and to establish new field operations. Analytical chemists with three to ten years of relevant experience are needed immediately for both full time and rotation-based positions. Full time positions are available in Kansas City, Missouri. Rotation-based positions do not require relocation, provide full year-round benefits, and enable staff to earn more than a year’s worth of compensation while working approximately 6-months a year.
All full time and rotation-based chemists will be integrated into a dynamic team to support complex field operations. All chemists hired will receive extensive instrument and method-specific analysis training and cross-training. Typical assignments include sample preparation, analyses, reporting, and ongoing QA/QC efforts. Subsequent technical assignments include method development, data analysis, training, and related research and development for collection and analysis of multiple sample matrices.
- Sample extraction and separation techniques for multiple sample matrices.
- Proficiency in quantitative mass spectrometric techniques utilizing GC, LC, and/or IC separation methods.
- Specialized experience with chemical agents, bulk and trace explosives a plus.
- Excellent data analysis skills, use of electronic laboratory notebooks, and analytical instrument maintenance and troubleshooting also a plus.
- Previous field or remote analytical chemistry operations helpful, but not required.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in chemistry or relevant technical field.
- 3-10 years of demonstrated hands-on relevant technical experience.
- Commitment to complete two, 4-month international assignments rotations during their first 18-months of employment.
- Full time chemists will work at an MRI or client facility between rotations.
- U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. (Current DoD clearance preferred.)
- Full time chemists have the potential to earn $80-$140,000 their first year, commensurate with experience and including their first 4-month deployed rotation.
- Rotation-based chemists have the potential to earn $65-$120,000 their first year, commensurate with experience and including their first 4-month deployed rotation.
- MRIGlobal’s comprehensive benefits package provides all staff with several healthcare coverage and financial security options.
Home to 2.4 million people, Kansas City is nationally recognized as one of the nation’s best places to live and work (including four of Money Magazine’s 100 “Best Places to Live”). In Kansas City (www.thinkkc.com) you will find:
- One of the fastest growing major job markets in the Midwest
- Lower business and lifestyle costs than most major metro areas
- Excellent choices of public universities and nationally ranked school districts
- Professional-level sports teams, world class arts, and community-wide activities
Visit www.mriglobal.org to learn more about MRIGlobal and to apply for one of these positions.