Are you ready to be a part of one of the largest trucking companies in the US. With over $1.7B in revenue in 2010, SIRVA is the 13 th largest For-Hire Carrier in the United States where you can use your passion for customer service while being challenged, inspired and pushed to constantly be your best? If so, SIRVA Inc. has an amazing opportunity for you!
SIRVA, Inc. is a leading worldwide provider of relocation and moving solutions. We conduct more than 300,000 relocations every year, transferring corporate and government employees and moving individual consumers. With more than 2,300 employees and an extensive network of agents and other service providers, SIRVA operates in more than 150 countries. SIRVA’s brands include Allied, Allied International, Allied Pickfords, Allied Special Products, DJK Residential, Global, northAmerican, northAmerican International, SIRVA Mortgage, SIRVA Relocation and SIRVA Settlement.
SIRVA brings together strong, collaborative people in a dynamic culture of mutual respect, support, and passion for the brand and product. We believe innovation drives winning performance, and we constantly challenge ourselves to be the very best we can in every aspect of our business. You will be surrounded by some of the brightest and most driven people in the industry. At SIRVA, you will be in great company!
The International Communications Assistant is responsible for calls coming into the International department on multi-line switchboard; retrieving voicemail, transferring calls to appropriate teams and personnel; send, receive, and distribute incoming faxes & e-mail; Prepare and send courier packages; opening, identifying, and distributing daily mail. Also responsible for assisting the military government department with general support functions, such as: shipment tracing; handling of documentation; and completion of required government information online. Will have contact with customers, agents, vendors and customs brokers. The position will work directly with the entire International department.
1. Answer and transfer incoming calls. Answer very basic questions. Questions consist of: Who are my agents? Who is my rep? Looks at list to see where call gets transferred.
2. Sending and receiving incoming and outgoing faxes & e-mails. Faxes will already be addressed with information to fax.
3. Open mail & distribute reports
4. Other administrative duties as assigned.
5. Registering all Military and Government shipments
6. Send documents to Destination Agents and Brokers, as well GBL ‘s to Origin Agents
7. Update weights and pieces in SCAN
8. Update Military system (DPS)
9. Drop documents in SISTRS
10. Access vendors websites to obtain documents
11. Call or Email Destination Agents to request delivery documents, update SCAN with RYTB date.
The accomplished individual will possess:
College degree preferred
Must have excellent communication, customer service, phone and interpersonal skills;
PC experience required;
Attention to detail and being able to multi-task is essential
Good organization skills
Ability to work alone as well as in a group.