Summary: Provide courteous and efficient service to all customers, not specifically assigned, and conducts business in a manner consistent with Vision Ease Lens Operating Principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. (Other duties may be assigned. )
• Accurately processes all customer orders. Verifies product, pricing, shipping, inventory and regulatory information.
• Proactively communicates with customer and VEL personnel regarding order status, product availability, product information, credit status, and regulatory issues.
• Coordinates activities with credit, distribution & shipping and other VEL departments and locations, as needed, to ensure timely shipments of orders.
• Accurately prepares all required shipping, export and compliance documents.
• Maintains complete, accurate and organized order, pricing and correspondence files.
• Researches and resolves customer problems.
• Generates and distributes order status reports to both internal and external customers.
• Regularly provides Customer Service manager and Associate of International Marketing with relevant information regarding activities, problems, issues related to CSR’s assigned accounts and tasks.
• Acts as a resource to other department members regarding policies and procedures, and customer, product and regulatory information.
• Daily schedule will consist of Domestic & International Customer Service. Work flow will determine hours within each position.
• Performs other duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficiency to read, write and speak fluenty in Spanish and English. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Database software and E-mail.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Vision-Ease - 17 months ago