Customer Service Representative, International
Manager, Order Processing
St. Louis Corporate Office (Maryville)
Processes orders and answers incoming phone calls from distributors, customers, and sales representatives. Takes phone orders, anticipates product availability, answers questions and troubleshoots issues. Makes outbound calls to customers to resolve problem orders and to generate additional sales.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Answers incoming phone calls and takes orders from customers in Latin America, Europe, Australia and other countries as assigned. (approx. 25%)
Insures orders are shipped based on the request date, and tracks shipments as necessary.
- Answers questions and troubleshoots customer service issues (approx. 50% – 60%)
- Follows up on back orders or delinquent orders.
- Provides pricing for dealers.
- Serves as liaison for finding and expediting picking tickets.
- Checks stock inventory as requested.
- Prepares proper documentation and shipping instructions (approx. 10% – 20%)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree; or comparable work experience
- Bilingual skills required, Spanish strongly preferred
- Excellent alpha and numeric data entry skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, Lotus
- Minimum 2 years prior international customer service experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal communication skills
- High level of professionalism and positive people-interface skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, ability to write advertising, reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of organizations. Must have proven excellent written presentation and verbal communication skills.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic math and algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and use hands regularly. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing 30 - 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Employee will be required to hear telephone.
General office working conditions.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Position may be required to perform other duties as needed.
Jarden Corporation - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
More than 100 brands of consumer products for inside and outside the home make Jarden beam. It makes a variety of branded consumer products,...