International Marketing Manager: Asia – provides direct support to KKD International Franchisees in Asia by assisting each franchisee team to “Run Great Doughnut Shops”, “Ignite Growth” and “Power Up the Organization”. This position will successfully meet these objectives by partnering with local country franchisee marketing/operations teams in analyzing local marketplace/business/consumer trends, developing annual and long-range marketing plans, developing new market/store opening plans, developing product innovation plans and ensuring execution of all marketing programs adhere to Krispy Kreme brand standards. The International Marketing Manager: Asia plays a key role in championing local market needs, driving support of those needs from the broader Krispy Kreme organization and delivering business-building solutions to address those needs. This position works with the Vice President – International Marketing, International Marketing Director - Asia and other Krispy Kreme International team management to develop/grow the capabilities of the local marketing team and continue to develop and grow the Krispy Kreme brand in the Asia market.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary Support for Franchisee Annual and Long Range Marketing and Product Innovation Planning in Asia
Primary Support for Franchisee New Market/New Store Openings in Asia
- Assists Franchisee marketing teams in the development of annual and long range marketing plans to drive increased sales by “Getting Them In”, “Getting Them Up” and “Getting Them Back”. Leverages successful marketing plan elements/programs from other KKD markets and recommends new marketing programs to meet the evolving needs of the brand and improve the effectiveness of marketing plans.
- Assists Franchisee marketing and operations teams in the development of annual and long range product innovation plans to drive increased sales. Leverages successful product ideas from other KKD markets to improve the effectiveness of product plans.
- Supports Franchisee marketing teams in providing marketing materials/artwork and localizing materials to support marketing/product programs, utilizing KKD’s creative services request system as needed.
- Reviews/approves Franchisee marketing/product plans and marketing support materials to ensure adherence to Krispy Kreme brand standards.
- Assists Franchisee in executing product innovation plans including assisting with product ideation, reviewing product options, liaising with Corporate resources to support local development and approving all new products.
- Monitors Franchisee execution against marketing plans and results of marketing/product programs and reports to KKD International team management.
- Assists Franchisee in developing Local Store Marketing programs/events to support the annual marketing plan and drive awareness of key marketing plan elements outside the store.
Primary Support for Franchisee Introduction, Development and Growth of KKD’s Fundraising Programs
- Assists Franchisee marketing teams and 3 rd party agency partners in the development of new market/new store opening plans to drive brand awareness/affinity and ongoing sales. Leverages learnings from other KKD markets to improve the effectiveness of opening plans.
- Supports Franchisee marketing teams in providing marketing materials/artwork and localizing materials to support opening activities.
- Reviews/approves Franchisee opening plans and marketing support materials to ensure adherence to Krispy Kreme brand standards.
- For new markets, works with Asia Operations Director to provide Franchisee and brand orientation and define opening program including doughnut varieties, beverages, collectibles, signage, store design, pricing, POP and other store/opening support materials.
- Conducts periodic market reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of opening marketing programs and makes recommendations to Franchisee marketing teams on how to improve programs for future openings.
Responsible for Franchisee Adherence to Krispy Kreme Standards and Procedures
- Assists Franchisee marketing teams in determining the appropriate point to introduce the Krispy Kreme Fundraising program in new markets. Liaises with Corporate Fundraising Director.
- Assists Franchisee marketing teams in developing a launch strategy for introducing Fundraising. Leverages learnings from other KKD markets to improve the effectiveness of introductory plans.
- Supports Franchisee marketing teams in providing marketing materials/artwork and packaging to support Fundraising program.
- Reviews/approves Franchisee Fundraising plans and marketing support materials to ensure adherence to Krispy Kreme brand standards.
- Conducts periodic market reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of Fundraising programs and makes recommendations to Franchisee marketing teams on how to improve program effectiveness.
Assists Vice President International Marketing in Building a “Global Marketing Community” that Promotes Shared Learnings, Values Partnerships between Franchisee Markets/KKD and Builds the Capabilities of International Marketing Teams to Improve Regional Efficiencies and Drive Increased Sales/Profit for Franchisees.
- Monitors Franchisee marketing programs to ensure proper execution and adherence to Krispy Kreme brand strategy and brand standards.
- Reviews/approves Franchisee marketing materials and consults with Franchisee marketing teams to improve communication impact and effectiveness of materials.
- Reviews/approves Franchisee press releases and assists Franchisee in addressing media inquiries on local market issues.
- Reviews/approves Franchisee new product initiatives with KKD International Operations and Manufacturing Services.
Essential skills and Experience:
- Assists Vice President - International Marketing in establishing the agenda and leading KKD Marketing Best Practices meetings.
- Identifies marketing best practices in Asian markets. Assists Franchisee marketing teams in evaluating effectiveness of marketing programs, documenting results and sharing key learnings with other KKD markets worldwide.
- Identifies opportunities to create synergies between Franchisee marketing teams to improve efficiencies of marketing programs, reduce costs and increase Franchisee profitability.
- Works with Franchisee principals to continually build the capabilities and skill set of International marketing personnel.
- Assists Franchisee marketing team in conducting agency reviews, establishing agency performance criteria and evaluating agency performance.
- Lead planning & execution of special projects to support marketing programs across international markets.
- College/University degree is required
- Seven to ten years relevant work experience in consumer brand marketing
- Strong organizational, problem solving, strategic-thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership, communication and people development skills
- Self-motivation, creativity, adaptability and strong desire to learn
- Basic computer, telephone and fax knowledge
Nonessential skills and Experience:
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Experience working in international markets with a variety of different cultures
- An interest in and ability to work in different countries/cultures/languages and a strong willingness to travel
- MBA with concentration in marketing preferred
- Considerable knowledge of food, sales, management and customer service is strongly preferred
- Marketing experience for multi-unit food service operations strongly preferred
- Bi-lingual preferred
Krispy Kreme supports a diverse and drug free workplace. EOE. EVerify Employer.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts - 24 months ago
You might say these sweet treats are wholly delicious. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts operates a leading chain of doughnut outlets with about 695...