The International Sales Director - Latin America will be responsible for the overall strategic direction to insure all marketing, business development, financial, and operational objectives are met for the Latin American Region. The position will have overall direction of the Company’s International sales policies, objectives and initiatives. The ISD is also responsible for the day-to-day managing of the Distributors and related Sales forces, while maintaining existing and developing new channels of distribution.
Essential Job Functions
• Establish a sales channel strategy, ensuring internal resources are aligned to achieve plan.
• Establish and lead strategic product vision / direction.
• Work within Company and the family of brands to identify, establish and implement strategies to grow market share in the marketplace.
• Develop and implement plan to increase sales channel strategy to include Sporting Goods, Specialty Bike and Snow, e-Commerce, Outdoor Recreation, and, if applicable, Mass Merchant Retailers.
• Full P & L responsibility with emphasis on forward forecasting models, gross sales, and gross margin.
• Review activity and financial reports to determine progress and status in attaining objectives, while revising and planning in accordance with current conditions.
• Direct the preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets, based on specific regional goals and growth objectives.
• Full participation in the product development process (Innovation Road) to ensure proper assortment, pricing and forecasted quantities are met for the overseen marketplaces.
• Develop and install procedures and controls to promote adequate information flow.
• Ensure that the responsibilities, authorities and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined, understood and consistent with Company directives..
• Assess relative strengths and weaknesses of every Distributor in each country within the Latin American Marketplace.
Education and Training
• BS in Business, Management, Finance or related field; or 15+ years of equivalent work experience.
• MBA a plus.
• Minimum 10 years of applicable business management experience and retail distribution strategies in the International Market. Specific Latin America experience preferred.
• Background in Sporting Goods, Action Sports, and/or Outdoor Recreation Retail for a Multi-National, leading Brand.
• Prior experience in managing product development initiatives and pricing programs including a thorough understanding of Inventory and SKU management.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in leading Product Demand, including the sourcing and operations process, for both domestic and international production.
• International sales management experience with a focus on P&L, margin, working capital and EBITDA objectives.
• Experience managing separate strategic sales & marketing initiatives targeted to different marketplaces during the same program period.
• Existing high-profile purchasing relationships with Independent Distributors throughout the International Marketplace.
• Experience managing product demand, including forecasting and account reviews.
• Self-motivated leader with experience building an internal Sales Force and taking a Distributor based model in-house.
• Entrepreneurial or start-up experience, a plus.
• Demonstrated track record of success in matrix / cross-functional team management.
Skills and Abilities:
• Well-developed Marketing, Sales, and Brand management skill set, including extensive prior interface with inside and outside agencies supplying advertising, public relations, sports marketing, market research, and e-commerce in the International Market.
• Positive, proven team player, who leads by example.
• Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
• Open and confident with the highest degree of integrity and professionalism in all relationships.
• Be able to develop tactical plans that are consistent with the company’s long term objectives, yet have the flexibility to adapt to the dynamics of the marketplace.
• Have the ability to understand and defend the company’s strategic rationale.
• Project an outstanding personal image and have a healthy lifestyle.
• Consensus builder with outstanding Industry reputation.
• Have a strong work ethic with a competitive sports background being a plus.
• Outgoing and strong personable presence, with the ability to be the “Sales Face” of the Company.
• Cross Cultural Awareness / Savvy.
• Passion for Action Sports
• Multi-lingual, a plus.
Please click apply now button below to submit your resume and be sure to let us know you found it on Malakye.com!
Malakye.com - 19 months ago
Afraid your favorite athlete might take a knockin' on the noggin? Easton-Bell Sports (EBS) products can help soften the blow. A leading...