The International Sales Director - Latin America will be responsible for the overall strategic direction to insure all marketing, business development, financial, and operational objectives are met for the Latin American Region. The position will have overall direction of the Company’s International sales policies, objectives and initiatives. The ISD is also responsible for the day-to-day managing of the Distributors and related Sales forces, while maintaining existing and developing new channels of distribution.
Essential Job Functions
Education and Training
- Establish a sales channel strategy, ensuring internal resources are aligned to achieve plan.
- Establish and lead strategic product vision / direction.
- Work within Company and the family of brands to identify, establish and implement strategies to grow market share in the marketplace.
- Develop and implement plan to increase sales channel strategy to include Sporting Goods, Specialty Bike and Snow, e-Commerce, Outdoor Recreation, and, if applicable, Mass Merchant Retailers.
- Full P & L responsibility with emphasis on forward forecasting models, gross sales, and gross margin.
- Review activity and financial reports to determine progress and status in attaining objectives, while revising and planning in accordance with current conditions.
- Direct the preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets, based on specific regional goals and growth objectives.
- Full participation in the product development process (Innovation Road) to ensure proper assortment, pricing and forecasted quantities are met for the overseen marketplaces.
- Develop and install procedures and controls to promote adequate information flow.
- Ensure that the responsibilities, authorities and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined, understood and consistent with Company directives..
- Assess relative strengths and weaknesses of every Distributor in each country within the Latin American Marketplace.
Skills and Abilities:
- BS in Business, Management, Finance or related field; or 15+ years of equivalent work experience.
- MBA a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of applicable business management experience and retail distribution strategies in the International Market. Specific Latin America experience preferred.
- Background in Sporting Goods, Action Sports, and/or Outdoor Recreation Retail for a Multi-National, leading Brand.
- Prior experience in managing product development initiatives and pricing programs including a thorough understanding of Inventory and SKU management.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading Product Demand, including the sourcing and operations process, for both domestic and international production.
- International sales management experience with a focus on P&L, margin, working capital and EBITDA objectives.
- Experience managing separate strategic sales & marketing initiatives targeted to different marketplaces during the same program period.
- Existing high-profile purchasing relationships with Independent Distributors throughout the International Marketplace.
- Experience managing product demand, including forecasting and account reviews.
- Self-motivated leader with experience building an internal Sales Force and taking a Distributor based model in-house.
- Entrepreneurial or start-up experience, a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of success in matrix / cross-functional team management.
At Easton-Bell Sports we love determination and perseverance – it is part of what makes us a great company! And we also value the professional privacy of each of our team members. Therefore we respectfully ask that you do not contact our executives or hiring teams directly.
- Well-developed Marketing, Sales, and Brand management skill set, including extensive prior interface with inside and outside agencies supplying advertising, public relations, sports marketing, market research, and e-commerce in the International Market.
- Positive, proven team player, who leads by example.
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- Open and confident with the highest degree of integrity and professionalism in all relationships.
- Be able to develop tactical plans that are consistent with the company’s long term objectives, yet have the flexibility to adapt to the dynamics of the marketplace.
- Have the ability to understand and defend the company’s strategic rationale.
- Project an outstanding personal image and have a healthy lifestyle.
- Consensus builder with outstanding Industry reputation.
- Have a strong work ethic with a competitive sports background being a plus .
- Outgoing and strong personable presence, with the ability to be the “Sales Face” of the Company.
- Cross Cultural Awareness / Savvy.
- Passion for Action Sports
- Multi-lingual, a plus.
Resumes and cover letters will only be accepted through:
www.eastonbellsports.com/careers or email@example.com
Choosing to cross this boundary is cause for a personal foul, flag on the play, time in the penalty box, well… you get the picture! We hope to see your resume submitted soon!
Easton-Bell Sports is an equal opportunity employer.
We are Easton-Bell Sports.
Tomorrow is ours.
Because of the time we put in today.
We will be smarter. And faster. More resilient. More Clever. More Vocal. More open.
And maybe a little less serious.
We are devoted to sports and the people who play them. We vow to make them stronger and better.
If we fail, we learn. If we win, we improve.
Because our direction is ever forward.
Our passion is always with purpose.
Our success, humbly inevitable.
This is our time. Tomorrow is ready.
Let’s take it.
Are you ready to take it?
We are looking for the very best to help create our tomorrow.
Monster - 2 years ago
Afraid your favorite athlete might take a knockin' on the noggin? Easton-Bell Sports (EBS) products can help soften the blow. A leading...