Houston Role synopsis Individual will be responsible for the preparation, analysis and review of US corporate income tax returns, US & foreign partnership tax returns, informational returns for foreign corporations, financial tax provision forecast input and tax accruals. They will be an integral part of international planning and forecasting support in addition to providing audit support. Key accountabilities Responsible for the preparation, analysis and review of US corporate income, partnership and informational returns for US owned foreign operations. Emphasis will be on review and analysis as preparation responsibilities are shifted
Responsible for tax input to financial outlook and accruals. Understand tax profiles and operations for countries assigned allowing plan development and support
Generate tax planning ideas based on analyses of forecasts, accruals and tax returns.
Perform federal income tax research and analysis with respect to a wide range of compliance issues pertaining to the Company’s foreign operations. Prepare documentation supporting analysis, conclusions and support, including assessments of tax risk and options for mitigation
Support planning and review of transactions involving the Company’s foreign operations as well as transactions with international tax implications
Support IRS audit requests for current and prior years. Assist in developing 5701 responses as needed
Support financial audit of US accruals for international operations Essential Education BS degree in Accounting or Finance - or related discipline Essential experience and job requirements •BS degree in Accounting or Finance-related discipline
The BP Tax Function seeks to ensure that BP complies with all tax laws in the jurisdictions in which the Group operates, in a way that optimizes the Group’s tax position, acting responsibly towards both shareholders and Governments.
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for other than current employer
- 7 plus years overall tax experience with 4 years of broad international tax experience required (public accounting, law firm and/or industry)
- Strong compliance and analytical skills in the area of US taxation of foreign operations; high proficiency in understanding and working with tax systems
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel skills Other essential skills and knowledge •Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with senior tax management and external professionals
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to work independently under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously Desirable criteria & qualifications •CPA or other advanced accounting accreditation
- JD or MS with emphasis in Tax
- Oil and Gas industry taxation experience
- Multinational Industry experience
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to identify issues and devise solutions Relocation available Negotiable Travel required Negligible travel Is this a part time position? No About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Our purpose is to ensure that BP complies with the tax legislation in every country in which the company operates, in a manner that optimizes the Group's position and effectively manages any tax risk.
We do this by establishing close relationships with the BP Businesses and working collaboratively with other Functions, in particular Finance, Treasury, Legal, M&A, IT&S and HR. Disclaimer If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. BP is an equal opportunity employer. Segment Corporate & Functions Removal Date 27-Nov-2012
BP - 21 months ago
BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business...