The M+W Group is the leading global partner for architecture, engineering, construction and project management in the fields of Advanced Technology Facilities, the Life Science industries, Energy & Environmental Technologies , Mission Critical, Electronics and other High-Tech Infrastructure s . Our focus is technically complex ; f rom concept development to turnkey services , our company manage s projects of all sizes ensuring flexibility, rapid realization and cost-effective completion.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees. Our teams bring outstanding expertise to every project, from business and strategic planning to facility maintenance and operations.
We create extraordinary solutions, delivering the unexpected by listening and responding with ingenuity and innovation.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Intern Architect will work under the direction and guidance of architectural team leads, including the Design Architect and/or Project Architect on projects appropriate to the Intern Architect’s experience and skills. As required, the Intern Architect will support various activities related to business development, including assistance with the preparation of materials for qualifications, proposals and interviews. The position requires a high level of commitment to teamwork and willingness to learn and develop quality architectural skills. As a key member of our team, travel will be required in support of your project activities, and our key Target Market Segments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Attractive salaries, supportive environments, and excellent benefits allow for growth and career development with M+W Group. Relocation assistance is available. If you want to join a dynamic environment that supports its employees to move up instead of move on, please forward your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support updates and refinements to M+W’s Safety in Design specifications and checklists as related to the Architectural Discipline.
- Understand the safety posture and results for areas of responsibility on each project.
- Support proactive communication and consistent enforcement of company safety policies and Site Specific Plans.
- Work collaboratively with EHS staff as a resource for strategic and tactical implementation of EHS processes and procedures.
- Participate in CERT and HAZMAT training and teams as required by project responsibilities.
- Work closely with design and technical Teams including the Project Architect, Design Architect and Project Specialists while supporting or leading the development of design deliverables such as Construction Documents, including drawings and specifications
- Participation in pre-design project activities, such as: site and building assessments; zoning ordinance and site plan review and approvals; building code review; and other project related research.
- Computer-aided drafting and design ( AutoCAD ) and Building Information Modeling ( ReVit ).
- Project and product-related research, including Internet, Intranet, library, and site visits
- Contributions to continuous improvement processes (CIP) of the Company, including assessment of: performance against project budgets and schedules; required responses to RFIs, independent QA/QC audits; and client feedback.
- Shop drawing reviews and submittals.
- Preparation of quality Design Deliverables
- Assistance with preparing reports, studies, and graphics using common software
- Active participation in Platform level and Discipline level All–Hands Meetings.
- Active participation in M+W U.S., Inc. LEED and sustainable design activities.
- Active participation in Discipline based training programs.
- Regular support of Group Engineering Efficiency tasks
- Active participation in Discipline Knowledge Center Focus Groups
- Active participation in the M+W U.S., Inc. Intern Development Program (M+W IDP)
NO OUTSIDE RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES
M+W is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity.
Monster - 16 months ago