VCA Southpaws Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Center is seeking a board certified or residency trained Veterinary Internist to join our 24-hour emergency/critical care and multi-specialty referral practice in Fairfax, Virginia—located just outside of Washington, D.C.
The successful candidate will share our commitment to delivering the highest quality patient care with exceptional client service.
In addition to a highly accomplished team and a stimulating and collegial work environment, SouthPaws offers:
- An established caseload and reputation with one other full time Internist.
- Full time Surgery, medical and radiation Oncology (linear accelerator and I131 therapies), Neurology/Neurosurgery, Radiology, Ophthalmology, Critical Care, and Physical Therapy specialists to help provide multimodality patient care and support.
- Dedicated internal medicine nursing staff and patient/client care coordinator.
- A total of 24 exam rooms, with three dedicated to internal medicine.
- A special procedures room for endoscopy, washes, quick biopsies, etc.
- 3D Spiral CT, digital radiography, fluoroscopy, and ultrasound all available in-house. Animal Scan MRI Center less than five miles from our hospital.
- Rapid in-house lab machines (CBC, chemistry, electrolyte, coag monitors and more) for quick service to outpatients and inpatients. In-house Antech stat lab as well!
- Endoscopic equipment (flexible videoendoscope, videobronchoscope), rigid cystoscope with biopsy instruments and large screen TV.
- 24/7/365 support from our CritiCare Department to facilitate overnight/weekend patient care, urgent referrals, and critical care patient needs.
Enjoy the exciting nightlife, trend-setting dining and all the cultural and historical activities that are unique to the Washington, D.C. area—along with the very best of the profession you love!
The Internal Medicine Specialist —under the guidance of the Medical Director and with the support of the Regional Medical Director—carries out VCA’s promise to our clients: making their pet’s health our top priority and excellent service our goal. The Internist educates clients and referring veterinarians on, advocates for and strives to deliver the highest quality medical, surgical, dental and nutritional diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Residency training with board eligibility or certification in Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Ability to become licensed to practice in the state of Virginia.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- Establish a good rapport with referring veterinarians, including: timely professional and respectful communication; assistance in their professional growth and education through recommendations and interaction on referred and shared cases; ongoing development of a positive and professional working relationship; participation in Continuing Education involving the local referral community.
- Assist in the development and training of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Assist with marketing the services of the specialty practice through a variety of outreach programs, some of which include: making hospital visits to referring veterinarians, assisting with local CE meetings, answering all calls from referring veterinarians promptly, helping with production of hospital newsletters and case reports.
- Assist with the training of interns and residents, under the guidance of the Medical Director.
- Positively represent the hospital and VCA in the professional community and to the general public.
VCA rewards its team members with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
If interested in this opportunity, please click the “Apply” link below.
If you think this would be an ideal opportunity for someone you know, click “Share.”
VCA Antech, Inc. - 2 years ago