Latin America Marketing Intern Position
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Fall 2014 semester
International Studies Abroad (ISA), seeks a dynamic, part-time intern to assist
within the areas of student outreach and marketing. The intern will receive a
greater understanding of how study abroad programs are developed, managed, and
marketed. This is an ideal position for students studying International
Relations, Global Studies, Foreign Language or International Business. This is
an unpaid position.
Interested Student Follow-Up and Outreach
- Contact prospective students generated from campus visits, online inquiries,
catalog requests and general inquiries via phone and email
- Identify strength of leads that have been contacted
- Schedule follow-up phone calls and advising sessions with interested students
- Provide objective program comparisons to help students make unbiased decisions
- Advise prospective students on the study abroad process for their university,
-Work to promote programs and increase numbers in sites utilizing social media,
blogs, working with the communications and marketing team, etc.
- Update out-of-date digital student files
- Data entry: enter new leads from study abroad fairs into our GRS digital
system, as needed
- Assist Latin America Site Specialist with tasks as needed.
ISA Austin Office Duties
- Answering phone calls and e-mail messages from ISA applicants, prospective
applicants, parents, etc.
- Assisting walk-in traffic at the ISA office
- Handling additional administrative duties and special projects, to be assigned
at the ISA office in Austin, as needed
- Assisting other ISA divisions such as ELAP, Veritas, ISA High School, Custom
Programs, Alumni Relations, and ISA Gap Programs.
• College Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing
• Good writing and editing skills
• Interest in Latin America topics
• Prior experience studying, volunteering, interning in Latin America
• Intermediate to advanced level of Spanish
• Marketing experience
International Studies Abroad - 5 months ago