Want to learn more about the beauty industry? Here’s the perfect opportunity with an internship at Birchbox! This is a chance for you to do meaningful work and actually make an impact to the bottom line of a growing startup. If you are self-motivated, want to work in a fun, fast paced environment, want to get exposure to some of the best brands in the beauty industry and want to produce REAL results in your internship….read on!
- Monitor YouTube comments
- Annotate YouTube videos; update metadata
- Research beauty videos and blogs
- Assist coordinating monthly video shoots (in-office and studio), including calling in and organizing products
- Write video descriptions for Birchbox.com and video-related blog posts
- Update press list/reach out to secure wardrobe and product for video shoot
- Assist with the building of syndication video content
- Assist with video metrics (pulling and tracking numbers)
- Strong writing skills a must!
- Basic video production skills and Final Cut/Premiere knowledge a plus
- Opportunity to concept and film weekly intern vlog to live on Birchbox YouTube channel (if possess shooting and editing skills)
To qualify for this internship you MUST be able to work out of our office, located in New York City in the Flatiron District.
• Strong writing and research skills.
• Should be a self-starter that knows how to prioritize, is incredibly detail-oriented, and doesn’t require a lot of structure or guidance.
• Must be enthusiastic! We are a small team and need someone with a positive attitude that loves to juggle multiple projects at once.
• Previous Photoshop, CMS, and blogging experience are a plus.
Birchbox is changing the way consumers discover and purchase grooming, beauty, and lifestyle products. We combine a monthly subscription service with original editorial content and a fully integrated e-commerce shop. Every month, members sample high-end products targeted to fit their personal profile and behavior, learn about them through our content, and purchase full-size versions of the products they like. Our platform provides our brand partners with an innovative and efficient way to access new customers.
Birchbox launched in the Fall of 2010 and is one of the fastest growing companies in New York. We are backed by top VC firms, including Accel Partners and First Round Capital. In September 2012, Birchbox expanded internationally with the acquisition of the Paris based discovery service JolieBox, operating in France, the UK, and Spain. You can get a feel for the buzz about Birchbox, by searching for us on YouTube: http://birch.ly/nl6nVp. For traditional media coverage, checkout our press page: http://www.birchbox.com/press.
Birchbox has offices in New York, Paris, London and Barcelona.
You’ll work in an environment of complete transparency. Our founders don’t have big fancy corner offices – they sit right next to our employees and everyone knows where the company is headed
It’s a chance to be at the start of something huge. We’ve only made a small dent in what we plan to do and we continue to grow rapidly. We are pursuing big dreams and we’ll give you the chance to explore yours too
You can dive into our crazy supply of beauty products – test them sometimes before they even hit the shelves (there’s plenty for men too!)
Excellent snacks and Stumptown coffee
We’re all about having fun. We are an energetic, innovative team that laughs a lot
Launched in 2010, Birchbox is a leading beauty e-commerce company for both men and women. Birchbox redefines the retail process by offering...