CableLabs is searching to fill a summer position with an intern to provide support to the CableLabs Video Services and Technology department on technology issues related to Big Data Analysis technologies. Big Data analytics, especially low-latency processing, enables opportunities for near real-time decision making with 360-degree visibility in the measured business space.
The summer intern will be a member of CableLabs IP Video Technologies team and work with some of CableLabs top engineers and architects on Big Data analytics technology research and development projects.
One-on-one time with team members and mentoring are important parts of the summer experience, with time spent in R&D session alongside engineers and developers understanding the role of advancing innovation and future technology trends.
The summer intern will participate in researching technology, developing architectures and designs, and developing prototypes demonstrating advances in low-latency event collection processing, analytics, and visualization on Big Data technology platforms. These deliverables will be prominently displayed in demonstrations to cable industry executives.
- Graduate or under-graduate student working towards a masters degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Development skills with web-based client server applications with associated back-end database systems.
- This position requires a strong self-starter that is a fast learner in the areas of software engineering and architectures.
- Additionally the candidate should have working knowledge of the following:
- 4+ courses in 3GL or 4GL programming languages.
- Programming experience using Java, Python, or other OO based languages.
- Experience with one or more of the following protocols/technologies: SQL, HTTP, data analytics packages (e.g. NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, R, Matplotlib. etc)
- Technical background or strong interest in technology and innovation.