BASIC FUNCTION OF JOB
Engaged primarily in gathering and analyzing requirements and producing requirements specifications. The primary focus is to analyze business needs and translate business requirements and programming specifications in a form that can easily be understood by all audiences. The incumbent in this position will work hands on with ARGO’s Product and Development groups and other experienced BAs to gather and document software requirements and to develop Use Cases for the base level functionality of the ARGO products.
• Participate in gathering, analyzing, and documenting system requirements using established processes and templates
• Prepare user-oriented documentation to convey business and system requirements
• Participate in the testing, training, implementation, and support of system requirements
• Develop business use cases for the ARGO base-level product functionality
• Develop system diagrams and process flows that accurately depict ARGO base-level product functionality
• Use industry standard analysis techniques to uncover business requirements such as data flow modeling, use-case analysis, workflow analysis, and functional decomposition analysis.
• Document the results of analysis activities using the appropriate templates or analysis tools
• Use quality assurance procedures to test the solution and report defects
• Work towards gaining proficiency in the Business Analyst skill set by learning information gathering and analysis techniques, developing proficiency with Use Case development and business process flow creation, and building problem solving skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge and experience in gathering requirements, functional design, and working with business processes – Highly preferred
• Must demonstrate critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Visio application, preferred
• Must have effective written and verbal business communication skills
• Able to work in a team environment
• Able to produce and interpret design specifications and technical documentation
• Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree plan in, Technical Communication/Writing, Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology (IT) or similar
• Minimum GPA of 3.00 in core classes
Employer seeks only applicants legally authorized to work in the U.S. and will not sponsor visa matters
ARGO is the leading software provider of solutions for the financial services industry. Today, our customers come from all parts of the financial services world—from the nation's largest banks to community-centered credit originators and processors. Over 40 of the nation's top financial institutions use ARGO solutions to process more than 65 million transactions in 35,000 financial centers each day. Financial institutions depend on ARGO because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology. Come join ARGO and let your ingenious ideas be heard. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the financial institutions do business.
ARGO Data Resource Corporation - 21 months ago