CableLabs is seeking a student internto assist with test execution, lab setup, and test tool development for LTE related testing. The position requires an ability to perform in a diverse, fast-paced and forward thinking technology environment.
Focus will be on the testing of an LTE eNodeB to UE transport infrastructure in order to successfully establish sessions between these systems and measuring the performance capability under various network and impairment scenarios. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Test Engineers in thebuilding, configuration and maintenance of test environments.
- Executing test suites as weincrease the complexity of the transport network.
- Providing succinct and accurate testresults for devices under test and record them in a reliable manner.
- Attending product training andorganizational meetings as required.
We are looking for a high energy, detail oriented person to assist in our project. Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Cable television industry
- Prefer masters candidate, preferably in Electrical Engineering with wireless RF exposure in MIMO based technologies and ideally LTE
- Knowledge of Scripting Languages such as Perl, TCL/Expect , Shell scripting
- Hands on experience with setting up RF test beds using Windows and UNIX platform and network analysis tools.
- Hands on experience with measuring and analyzing performance metrics such as delay, delay variation, and loss.
- Familiarity with LTE equipment and protocols (e.g., LTE Release 10 eNodeBs and UEs).
- Additionally knowledge of any of the following areas would be useful to the candidate:
- Communication network architectures
- Hybrid Fiber Coax architectures and technologies
- Hands on experience with configuring and debugging RF networks with mixers, diplexers, filters, etc.
- The position will entail approximately 20 to 40 hours/week.
- Demonstrate an ability to work and interact well in a culturally diverse environment.
- Exhibit advanced organizational, communication and interpersonal relations skills.
- Exercise initiative in areas of responsibility.