Urban Robotics, Inc. is an established defense engineering firm located in Portland, OR, specializing in aerial reconnaissance, computer vision, and cluster computing. Urban Robotics employs talented individuals that are deployed around the globe. The company's primary offices are located in downtown Portland along the waterfront. For more information about us and our products, please consult our webpage at: urbanrobotics.net .
- The Jr. Software Engineer position is an internship that works with our Software Engineering team.
- Tasks range in responsibilities to match your technical expertise. Potential tasks include: GUI front-end development, TCP/IP networking, C++ device controllers, and development for distributed systems.
- Intangibles: Fast pace engineering. Versatile job tasks. Flexible Hours/Workplace. Cutting edge technology. Small and agile company. Mystery and Intrigue.
- High-octane, getgo individual
- Must have strong desire to learn new technologies
- Proven ability to work both in a team and independently
- Strong communication skills
- Must be a US Citizen
- C/C++, Python, .NET programming and multi-threaded apps
- Network level programming, TCP/IP, distributed systems
- 2D and 3D image processing
- Convince us you have enough
- Computer Science, Engineering, or similar degree in progress
- Software, Mechanical, and/or Electrical engineering skills are expected
Telltale Signs This Job is For You
- You're attending school, but need project money
- You would love to try coding at a 45 degree bank pulling 2 G's
- You like playing with expensive gadgets
- You have GPS mapped everything, including your keys
- You've already pre-ordered a Leap Motion Controller
- Caffeine is a vitamin
- You want to brag to your friends about how much better your summer internship was than theirs (not to mention that you did something real)
- This position requires sitting for long periods of time, extensive computer use
- General office environment
- Moderate levels of stress may occur
- This position has no decision-making authority.
Conf i dent i a li ty
- Strategic, as pertains to product code and strategy
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Urban Robotics, Inc. offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, source of income, disability, veteran or other protected status. Employer requires that all employees cooperate fully to ensure the fulfillment of this commitment in all actions and decisions, including: Hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, and discharge; Recruitment, advertising, or solicitation for employment; Compensation and benefits; and Selection for training. Selection of personnel for hiring and promotion is based on such factors as education, experience, proven skills, initiative, dependability, cooperation, availability, and growth potential. Employer will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee, unless an undue hardship would result. Any applicant who requires accommodation in the hiring process or employee who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of a job should contact the Human Resources Manager, and advise Employer of what accommodation he or she believes is needed.
Urban Robotics, Inc. - 8 months ago
Urban Robotics was founded in 2003 by Silicon Industry and former Department of Defense engineers. Today, the company continues to merge the...