Under the direction of the Office of Diversity & Inclusion in Human Resources, the Diversity & Inclusion College Intern compiles, and organizes data, executes and reviews successful completion of routine reports, updates and maintains shared access files, such as Intranet/Internet resources, schedules, and work plans. This position may also work with a Mentor and/or Job Coach on project tasks and team efforts as indicated by Management.
• Organizes, distributes and manages products from project efforts: files, general and customized reports, and electronic records.
• Researches, collects and processes data within the scope of skills and experience.
• Assists and performs tasks associated with project and departmental management, maintaining time lines, and scheduling meetings.
• Assembles documents and reports using information from identified sources.
• Supports corporate quality improvement program through participation on quality teams and any other supportive activity.
• Continuously works to identify and collaborate to remove barriers to increased productivity, quality, cost effectiveness, and timeliness of operations and customer satisfaction.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Excellus is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage racial/ethnic minorities, LGBT and students with disabilities to apply.
• Internships are funded by the Office of Inclusion
• Paid 10 week internship 6/3/13-6/9/13
• Development events are provided to help with the transition from school to the corporate environment.
• High School diploma or Graduate Equivalency Diploma, along with active college ID badge required.
• Currently pursuing degree in Math, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related field.
• Experience with using a desktop computer in a professional environment, preferably with Microsoft Office Products and Lotus Notes.
• Proficient in use of word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail software in the course of their work required.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and priorities and take a proactive approach to work and display creativity and flexibility in completing their assigned tasks required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required; level of analysis dependent upon placement.
• Candidates must have strong communication skills and be able to work well with professional contacts throughout Health Plan.
• Candidates should have an ongoing commitment to continuous improvement of their own skill and team functioning.
• Candidates must be self-motivated and be able to work independently, as well as collaborate on intra- and inter-departmental teams where needed.
• Responsible for maintaining highly confidential information
• Multi-lingual skills and/or sign language skills highly desired.
• Leverage in daily work the keystone cultural competencies of Excellence, Empowerment, Collaboration, and Urgency.
Ability to work at a computer for two or more hours at a time
Reasonable accommodations can be made as needed
Ability to use a phone and/or TTD as needed
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 9 months ago