Excellus is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage racial/ethnic minorities, LGBT and students with disabilities to apply.
• Internships are funded by the Office of Inclusion.
• Paid 10 week internship from June 3, 2013 – August 9, 2013
(up to 40 hours per week).
• Development events are provided to help with the transition from school to the corporate environment.
Under the direction of the Office of Diversity & Inclusion, the Diversity & Inclusion College Intern will provide Market analysis in support of business opportunity assessment and strategic planning.
- Market analysis in support of business opportunity assessment and strategic planning.
- Researches, collects and processes data within the scope of skills and experience.
- Assists and performs tasks associated with project and departmental management, maintaining time lines, and scheduling meetings.
- Assembles documents and reports using information from identified sources.
- Supports corporate quality improvement program through participation on quality teams and any other supportive activity.
- Continuously works to identify and collaborate to remove barriers to increased productivity, quality, cost effectiveness, and timeliness of operations and customer satisfaction.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or Graduate Equivalency Diploma, along with active college ID badge required. Business, Marketing, Finance or Accounting majors preferred.
- Experience with using a desktop computer in a professional environment, preferably with Microsoft Office Products and Lotus Notes.
- Proficient in use of word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail software in the course of their work required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and priorities and take a proactive approach to work and display creativity and flexibility in completing their assigned tasks required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required; level of analysis dependent upon placement.
- Candidates must have strong communication skills and be able to work well with professional contacts throughout Health Plan.
- Candidates should have an ongoing commitment to continuous improvement of their own skill and team functioning.
- Candidates must be self-motivated and be able to work independently, as well as collaborate on intra- and inter-departmental teams where needed.
- Responsible for maintaining highly confidential information
- Multi-lingual skills and/or sign language skills highly desired.
- Leverage in daily work the keystone cultural competencies of Excellence, Empowerment, Collaboration, and Urgency.
Ability to work at a computer for two or more hours at a time. Reasonable accommodations can be made as needed Ability to use a phone and/or TTD as needed. In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.